Storage near Jax. to Savannah Ga

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

poczatek

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Lil' Toot
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 34 Double Cabin
Morning. We are looking for storage, 6 months wet and 6 months dry somewhere near Jacksonville, Fl. and Savannah, Ga that won't break the bank. I have a Marine Trader 34 double cabin. Would like to stay aboard while in the wet. Can anyone help with this?
Thank You.

Brunswick Landing in Brunswick GA would be my choice. Great liveaboard set up and adjacent to a good yard. Lot's of nice cruising grounds nearby, and a good inlet.

Thanks Larry and George. I'm working on it for next year. I'm in upstate N.Y. now and did live in Jax. prior and looking to spend winters south.

You should check out the marinas in Fernandina Beach as well, but I have no experience with them other than a brief stay at the city marina on the ICW when I needed a tech to come on the boat (we otherwise anchored in the Bells River and dinghy'd over to their dinghy dock).

thanks George. I believe Fernandina is still under repair; but may be complete by the time I'm heading south.

St. Marys Boat Services (guess where GA), Fernandina Beach, FL (Tiger Point Marina), Green Cove Springs, FL (Holland Marine & Green Cove Springs Marina).

Sail Harbor Marina in Thunderbolt is a nice small marina and yard.

We came through Fernandina about a month ago. The word on the street is that it will reopen in the fall of 2019. That's right 2019. The GCS marinas are in a relatively remote area; you will need a car. And there are sporadic reports of break ins of boats in storage. It is not a place I'd want to spend the winter. Brunswick GA has some better options. For fresh water storage, Sanford is a pretty good town. It is quite close to Orlando. No marine biologic growth. The Ortega River near JAx has some of the best facilities,. Great location. You do not need a car, but is a bit more $$.

Ortega Marina is a good spot within walking distance to a shopping center. It is on marina mile where all boat service is available.

Is Ortega marina a live aboard marina?

Is Ortega marina a live aboard marina?

Yes, there are live aboards tat ORtega LAnding and also at Ortega Marina. They do a pretty good job of making sure the boats are maintained. There are no junk boats there. Good liveaboard group! Nice location, with all necessary shopping within easy walking distance.

Back
Top Bottom