stern thruster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seaguy

Vessel Make
34 Mainship Trawler
Has anyone installed a stern thruster on a Mainship 34, if so what kind and how did it work out? Thanks.

Greetings,
Mr. S. Welcome aboard. Whilst I do not wish to dissuade you from installing a thruster, either bow or stern, might I suggest you wait for a while before you make any changes. Could be you might be able to maneuver just fine without the added assistance and expense. We've learned over the years and several boats that living with a vessel for a period of time allows one to make much better choices as to any changes/improvements that might be done.

What model of Mainship 34 are you referring to? I've chartered 2000ish vintages of a Mainship 34 Pilot with single Cummins and bow thruster and a 350 flying bridge model with single Cat and bow thruster. Very nice boats to handle. Can't imagine why one would either add a stern thruster or have one in lieu of a bow thruster. The engine/prop and rudder already do those duties.

Has anyone installed a stern thruster on a Mainship 34, if so what kind and how did it work out? Thanks.

Seaguy... This would probably be better in another section than Forum Support - general discussion or power systems but here goes

Our '08 34 HT came w/ bow & stern - both Sidepower SP-95T's and it makes handling a piece of cake.
Would I bother if it didn't come with it? Not sure probably not but I do like having it:thumb:

Photo from seatrial / hull inspection

Attachments

• Bacchus III_23.jpg
    Bacchus III_23.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom