St. Croix Model 350 Removable Davits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marlinmike

Guru
Is anyone using this model, and if yes, what weight is your raft and how do you like them, ease of lifting etc. Thank you in advance!

Hope you get some responses. I am considering the same system. :thumb:

There's a Manatee buddy that has a set of 350's on his boat. He carries a 9 ft. Caribe inflatable with a 9.9 two stroke, all coming from the previous owner. When I first saw the boat, the motor was being kept on the Caribe, and the port side davit was collapsing the deck under the davit mount. Who knows how long it was kept that way. The davits were fine, but if you go with that system, I'd make sure to mount load spreader and backing plates of some kind under the mount to protect your deck, especially if it's cored. I might have a photo of that system somewhere around here.

Last edited:
I have them. Have a Avon rib 135lbs. Last year upgraded to a 9.9 4 stroke. 82 lbs +. 15 lbs misc. to me it was too close to max. Will be reducing that by at least 20 lbs this year. Cannot emphasis enough need for very good backing plates & deck reinforcements if needed. Andy

I ordered a pair at the Miami Boat Show in 2015. They quoted an April 2015 delivery. I waited all summer for delivery. Every time I talked with them they pleaded "Production Problems". The back story is the company was sold last year to larger company. And for what ever reason the supply base didn't want to deal with the new owners. In October I finally gave up and ordered some davits from another suppler at the Annapolis Boat Show.

Bottom line be sure they are already in stock when you order them.

Could you share with me what ones you went with and how you like them please?

I ordered a pair at the Miami Boat Show in 2015. They quoted an April 2015 delivery. I waited all summer for delivery. Every time I talked with them they pleaded "Production Problems". The back story is the company was sold last year to larger company. And for what ever reason the supply base didn't want to deal with the new owners. In October I finally gave up and ordered some davits from another suppler at the Annapolis Boat Show.

Bottom line be sure they are already in stock when you order them.

I went with Atkins & Hoyle from Ontario Canada. I have not installed them yet as the boat is put away for the winter (Great Lakes Area). I will be install this spring before heading off on the Great Loop.

While I have not yet installed I am impressed with the level of engineering support they are giving in planing the install and making sure that everything is right. I have a 12 ft Grand RIB with a 25hp Evinrude outboard, so I need something with a reasonable capacity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom