Spending Memorial Day around Cumberland Island, GA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtulls

I'm hoping the weather blows past before we get out there to spend Memorial Day weekend around Cumberland Island. We're spending that weekend at a friends river house with access to a small runabout -- any recommendations for places to check out by boat?

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 249
We will be there Saturday and Saturday night anchored off the St Mary's Ferry dock. Sunday we will go on over to Fernandina and spend an evening ashore having dinner, before heading to Fort George River for Monday.

Both the Brickhill and Federica (probably too much of a schlep, but you have a fast boat) rivers are very scenic and fun to explore. The anchorage off Table Point on the Brickhill was one of our favorites, we'd dawdle there a few days and use the Whaler all day.

There is a whole bunch to keep you occupied at Cumberland, what a great spot. If the weather is good I'd guess that main anchorage will be fairly crowded on a holiday weekend.

Last edited:
Pay the $4 and explore the Island. There are wild horses and other wildlife and a beautiful beach on the ocean side.

Cumberland Island is one of my favorite spots on the ICW! Love walking the island amongst the live oaks and checking out the ruins at Dungeness, also lucked into a tour of Plum Orchard once. :thumb: Fernandina Beach is a favorite stop as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom