Old 12-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #21
Scraping Paint

City: -
Many of the farmers in the Skagit Delta participate in programs to help the migrating birds and the ones that come to the Delta for the winter. Planting certain grasses in fields they are going to let "rest" for a year or so, altering their plowing schedules, and so forth. I don't know that any of them actually feed the birds. But there are a lot of things they do to make it easier for the birds to survive the winter on their land.

Visibility panels have been installed on a lot of the phone and power wires in the delta, particularly those lying across the most-used flight paths in and out of the fields.

Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #22
Guru

City: coos bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
Many of the farmers in the Skagit Delta participate in programs to help the migrating birds and the ones that come to the Delta for the winter. Planting certain grasses in fields they are going to let "rest" for a year or so, altering their plowing schedules, and so forth. I don't know that any of them actually feed the birds. But there are a lot of things they do to make it easier for the birds to survive the winter on their land.

Visibility panels have been installed on a lot of the phone and power wires in the delta, particularly those lying across the most-used flight paths in and out of the fields.
we certainly could do more. I for one would not be fond of the idea of living in a world without wildlife

bfloyd4445 is offline   Reply With Quote