Old 04-04-2015, 05:14 PM   #1

City: Canterbury
Tug details reqd.

I intend to build a tug that is in Port Nelson N.Z. which bears the name of my great uncle W.H.Parr, the Port have been very helpful in suppling photos of some of the plans but not of the bow or stern views . I know its a long shot but has anyone got photos of the tugs bow and stern view when its been out of the water.
Also has anyone tried to get on the model tugs forum ? I tried back in February this year and am still waiting to be accepted rather a long time I think and I have no way of contacting them as I can't get in to ask the question. Clues any one !!!
Stour-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 05:30 PM   #2
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
There should be a "contact us" link somewhere on that forum(on this forum it is at the bottom of every page) By clicking it you will circumvent all forum protocols and be contacting the owner or his agent directly via email. If the forum is still otherwise active there's at least a dozen reasons I can think of that your membership did not get activated, but one email should clear it right up.

Hope the forum is still active as model tugs sounds like a fun subject.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:32 PM   #3

City: Bohemia
Tug Views

Go on Nordic Tug website, American Tug and Ranger Tug. The Nordic is the nicest looking one IMO. Everything is on the internet.
chester613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:16 AM   #4
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
chester613,
I suspect Stourboy is referring to a real tugboat .. not a yacht toy.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:05 PM   #5
Guru

City: Flattop Islands
Vessel Name: Blackfish
Vessel Model: custom
She was built by Sims Engineering in Port Chalmers NZ in 1972. Though Sims seems to no longer exist, they were building ships in 1994. Perhaps try a museum in Port Chalmers or a NZ maritime museum?

Click image for larger version

Name:	WHParr.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	38910
Tad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:06 PM   #6
Guru

City: Powell River, BC
Vessel Name: Northern Spy
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 26
I think the best bet would be to contact the engineering group that did its last refit. Duffill Watts and King.

It appears that Duffill Watts was recently purchased by Downer EDI. I would call or email the Dunedin branch office.

When I take in projects, I have huge amounts of digital images. I bet someone there could help.
Northern Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 04:36 PM   #7

City: Canterbury
Tug, WH PAR

I would like to thank you all for your helpful replies,in particular TAD ROBERTS and NORTHERN SPY for their input and information which I will act upon in the near future .
Thanks for the welcome CPsuedonym, and Chester613 I intend to make a scratch model of this tug during next winter so I have got a little time to get some plans sorted. At the moment I am doing a refit on an ocean going tug called Amsterdam which I was given and now I know why ,ha ha.

Stour- boy. (Steve )
Stour-boy is offline   Reply With Quote