Old 08-29-2015, 03:20 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

City: St. Marks, Florida
Vessel Name: Morgan
Vessel Model: Gulfstar 36
Solaire Anywhere Propane Grill

I am thinking of buying one of these to use on the boat, but looking at the user manual available online they make several remarks regarding the intense heat it puts out (infrared) and say not to set it on a combustible surface.

So I'm wondering if anyone uses (or has used) one on their boat, and, if so, what your experience is with it.

Thanks for any input.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:58 PM   #2

City: discomfort.reactants.peanuts
I was interested in the very same Solaire infrared grill until a couple of TF members voiced their concerns about this grill here on TF in a thread about BBQ grills. If my memory is correct, they mentioned some problems about flame outs due to strong winds. The thread I'm referring to continued to debate which is the best gas grill for boating and what I came away with is that the Weber Q series (1000, 1200, 2000 and 2200) grills deserved some serious consideration.

Since I have no direct experience with the Weber Q series grills I'll reserve any comments, good or bad, for other TF members who do.