And So The Fun Begins!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David Rive

Vessel Name
currently boatless
Well, the seller and I reached a revised agreement after the survey confirmed an issue (replacing original steel fuel tanks) that had to be dealt with. So this coming weekend we will take possession of a lovely 1985 Ocean Alexander 38. Aft cabin, twin Lehman 135s. The fuel tanks were the only big issue, but I have a long list of more minor things to fix up, so I know I will be on here a lot looking for advice. The plan is 4 years of part time cruising Lake Ontario and environs. Then retirement and winters living aboard down south. I would still like to end up with a Great Harbour N-37, but that will have to wait for the Canadian dollar to recover. So for now we are very happy with the OA 38. Fun times ahead! :dance:

Congratulations! Fingers crossed on a painless closing.

Ted

giphy.gif

:thumb:congradulations and best wishes on your improvements

Congrats pictures soon we hope!!!!!

Hopefully these pics upload.....

Attachments

• P1000795.jpg
    P1000795.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 95
  • P1000811.jpg
    P1000811.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 108
  • P1000824.jpg
    P1000824.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 100
  • P1000842.jpg
    P1000842.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 114
  • P1000818.jpg
    P1000818.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 100
She's a fine looking ship. Congratulations!

Great looking boat what year is it?

Siestakey - she is an 85. Currently she is licensed, but I intend to register her, home port Toronto, with the name "Plan B". Plan A was a Great Harbour, but we can't afford that right now. :blush:

Thanks RTF. Should have looked at the Registry... duh! :banghead:

Back to the drawing board.

Nice looking boat, inside and outside. Hearty congratulations!

Well, the deal closed today! We are now the owners of a trawler. We took possession at 11 am this morning and then worked continuously until 7 pm, cleaning and organizing. Maria and I are EXHAUSTED, but happy. And I cannot believe how long the TDL is. Don't know how I will fit my real job around all the boat tasks. LOL :)

Congratulations! Take your time, you and Maria, and the boat, will be friends for a long while. You`ve done well, even from pics it looks like the boat has seen some love, and that is about to continue. Enjoy.

VERRRY COOL! :thumb:

Pet her gently... and often. She will Puuurrrrrrr! :D

to do list...

mine was estimated ay 3 years cruising 4 months, working part time and the rest of the time on the boat.

I am well into my 4th summer working almost nonstop on her and probably have 4 more.

good luck with a full time job.

Greetings,
Mr. DR. Again with the bubbly (post #3). Your mention of your "long" TDL brought a chuckle to my lips...actually a good belly laugh. NOT laughing at you, laughing with you. As Mr. ps alluded to, lists GROOOOW!
From experience, mostly enjoyable, attempting just ONE task tends to generate at least TWO more under most circumstances. Not really a bad thing for the overall health of the boat but it can get daunting/discouraging when you've slotted a couple of hours for a "simple" repair and 4 days later, your repair is done AND a work of art and function but you've discovered....

laughter.gif

And trust me on this...Ya GOTTA laugh, it's the only way to keep your sanity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom