Sneak peak: renderings of interior of new build XPM-78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChristineKling

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Möbius
Vessel Make
XPM 78-01
So, ever since we started the build of our new aluminum passagemaker, we've had a counter running at the bottom of our blog. Today it reads 458 days since we started.

Sometimes, it's difficult to look at the construction scene that is a new build and imagine what it will look like when completed. But with use of these fabulous tools like 3D Max, the interior designer we are working with, Yeşim, can bring our imagined spaces to life. She does lovely work.

Check out this bonus post today with renderings of the salon and the guest cabin. I can't wait until we can be inside our new boat looking out those windows at the water.

Only another 160 days or so to go!

https://mobius.world/shhhhhh-here-is-an-early-sneak-peek-of-the-interior-of-mv-mbius/

So, ever since we started the build of our new aluminum passagemaker, we've had a counter running at the bottom of our blog. Today it reads 458 days since we started.

Sometimes, it's difficult to look at the construction scene that is a new build and imagine what it will look like when completed. But with use of these fabulous tools like 3D Max, the interior designer we are working with, Yeşim, can bring our imagined spaces to life. She does lovely work.

Check out this bonus post today with renderings of the salon and the guest cabin. I can't wait until we can be inside our new boat looking out those windows at the water.

Only another 160 days or so to go!

https://mobius.world/shhhhhh-here-is-an-early-sneak-peek-of-the-interior-of-mv-mbius/

Very cool. You must really be getting excited as this project comes to life....

How about including an overall layout plan or view so we can see how the individual spaces work together.

David

CK
On a different thread a discussion is ongoing as to Nordhavn building a new design FRP vessel in a Turkish yard. Your thoughts on Turkish yacht craftsmanship and the overall boat building mentality in Turkey would be welcome.

Also, possibly some in your yard are aware of Nordhavn’a plans and their thoughts could be passed along.

Keep up the great information transfer CK.

Very cool. You must really be getting excited as this project comes to life....

Indeed we are Peter and that's a feeling you know VERY well from your previous builds and the current one.

Also I'm way behind in following up with you with what we've learned so far from our time with some of the Furuno people and the TZ Pro software we have just started to play with. Short story is that the Furuno people have been great to work with and I have a few "tricks" to pass on to you and hope to learn more.

Looking forward to seeing your next blog update so we can learn more about how things are progressing on the new TangleWood. Just sayin' ……...… :whistling:

How about including an overall layout plan or view so we can see how the individual spaces work together.

David

My bad David and thanks for the reminder. I dashed that "special edition" blog post out rather quickly this weekend, too quickly, and just didn't think to include that. I've just updated the blog post to start with a plan and profile view of the GA so it should be there now if you go back.

Thanks for pointing this out.

-Wayne

CK
On a different thread a discussion is ongoing as to Nordhavn building a new design FRP vessel in a Turkish yard. Your thoughts on Turkish yacht craftsmanship and the overall boat building mentality in Turkey would be welcome.

Also, possibly some in your yard are aware of Nordhavn’a plans and their thoughts could be passed along.

Keep up the great information transfer CK.

Yes, it is great to see Turkey getting some well deserved attention with new such as the new Nordhavn yard they have created just north of us for their new N41 model. Very interesting marketing approach as well for the North American market to offer to have new owners first pick up their boat in Turkey and spend a few months with some extended "sea trials" while they explore this end of the Med and then PAE ships the boat back to Ft. Lauderdale where the owners take final possession and carry on over on the East coast of the US.

As to the quality of ship building here in Turkey let's just say that they have a few thousand years of experience in boat building to build upon and it is evident every day to us as we work with all the others on Team Möbius which Naval Yachts has put together with us here in Antalya. We spent almost 2 years literally searching the world for the best location and builder for our new 24m XPM eXtreme eXploration Passage maker and home and I flew to quite a few countries to visit many builders. Turkey and the Antalya Free Zone in particular was the best fit for us by far and Naval Yachts stood out as the best builder here and we are happier with that decision with each passing day since the build began. I am usually in the yard six days a week working side by side with the entire team of skilled craftspeople and the engineers in the front office which includes the two brothers Dincer and Baris who founded and run Naval Yachts.

In addition to great skills what I have also come to really appreciate is the "can do" attitude and the learning based approach all of us have here. We are united in the shared goal of building the best boat possible and given how unique this first build is there is a LOT of day to day figuring out how to do so. We spent almost two years doing the design with Dennis of Artnautica Yacht Design in Auckland NZ so we started the build with all the basic engineering worked out in Rhino3D models, AutoCAD drawings and we had populated the model with almost all the systems, equipment, cabinetry and personal effects that would go onboard so we are able to run pretty realistic simulations and stability programs to know how the boat will behave when in the water in different situations. Building a boat that is self righting made that a requirement and we have continued to keep that model up to date as things change and re run these programs to gest the boat's characteristics with the latest changes and to help us make decisions along the way.

The Antalya Free Zone is home to probably about 30 different builders, most of these being focussed on much larger boats in the superyacht, pilot boat, and military/commercial industries such as Damen, Sarp, Ares, and Alia. We benefit from all the sharing of big capital equipment including everything from huge boat movers, forklifts, specialty equipment as well as a very flexible skilled workforce that can move from one job to the next whether that is with the same builder or another.

HERE is a link to a short overview video of the Free Zone and the first boat you see happens to have been designed by Dincer. The video will give you a rough idea of what this Free Zone looks like.

As you can tell we are extremely happy with the level of craftsmanship and the overall attitude of everyone we are working with here at Naval Yachts and could not be happier with our decision to build here. No surprise to us then that PAE decided to expand their shipyards to include Turkey and if you start to check out other new boats by some of the biggest names and dig into where they are actually built I think you will be quit surprised at how often the answer is Turkey.

Hope that gives you a basic sense of the boat building industry here in Turkey and I'd be glad to answer any more specific questions you may have.

Wayne

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom