Single or Twins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A little lost in this thread is the OP's intended usage.

"Now take a look at the image in the TrawlerForum header above - does that look like "single" or "twin" territory to you?"

2012-4.jpg

Looks like twin territory to me but I'd guess the Selene in the picture is a single.:confused:

Two points.

Firstly, the most successful, by sheer numbers and travels, recreational blue water MVs ever built are usually singles from 40' up to the 70' range. But and a very big but, they are all equipped with significantly sized get home engines with stand alone drive systems. So essentially a twin.

Secondly there is an ill placed but continually repeated misconception on TF that twins are poorly maintained with crowded ERs. Two comments - maintenance whether sail, power or rowboat is a decision made by the owner. Secondly, vessel design and size play a huge role in ER and systems access, whether twin or single. Kinda silly for the owner of a 30' single vessel saying that the ER of a 45' - 50+ twin vessel suffers poor access.

To the OP - have you read the boatdiesel archives for each engine? As usual, the devil is in the details. Good luck, either combination will work just fine with prior overall vessel maintenance not a small factor.

Thanks to all of you for your input. For a long time, I've followed this forum and have learned so much from all of you.

I hope to spend some time aboard each boat shortly. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm sure I'll have many more questions. (Sorry Gaston. You'll have to suffer through those, I guess.)

Thanks to all of you for your input. For a long time, I've followed this forum and have learned so much from all of you.

I hope to spend some time aboard each boat shortly. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm sure I'll have many more questions. (Sorry Gaston. You'll have to suffer through those, I guess.)

Like most posts here if you ask a question you will get 2 if not 3 if not 5 perfectly good 100% interval correct answers . The challenge is picking the one that's suits you :D

Like most posts here if you ask a question you will get 2 if not 3 if not 5 perfectly good 100% interval correct answers . The challenge is picking the one that's suits you :D

Calm down its the internet its not real life

Conversely:

Jump on... it is 21st Century real life... the internet! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom