Shower conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVMAR

Vessel Name
Delphina
Vessel Make
President 43
I have a 1983 36 Albin... somewhere I read in a post that a owner had converted his aft head to a shower by removing the tub .. they fabricated a base and was placed in where the tub was removed . Has any done this ?? Thanks

I have a 1983 34 MT DC. A previous owner converted the forward head into a nice large shower stall. It was a good move as the aft head had no shower and a 34ft boat does not need 2 heads!:)

Any chance you could take some pics of the shower stall ?

Used an RV shower pan which fit perfectly...easy peezy except had to relocate the drain which resulted in a new shower sump.....but no biggie....

Also made a custom cabinet behind as the old one was rotten.

Attachments

• 20180603_064259.jpg
    20180603_064259.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 66
Used an RV shower pan which fit perfectly...easy peezy except had to relocate the drain which resulted in a new shower sump.....but no biggie....

Also made a custom cabinet behind as the old one was rotten.

Nice! I have a friend with an Albin 36 and always thought that miniature tub a bit odd....Nice conversion!

Is that shower on a albin 36 ?

40 Albin, different head layout, but I bet its the same size tub.

You never know when you might need a tub!! We used the tub on our Selene to transport large quantity of beer to the Bahamas.

Our Selene tub is used for lots of stuff including the extra beer and wine, dont recall that we have ever used it for its original intent, LOL

Thus why I got rid of mine as it was in the master head...the 4 cases of beer and wine are stored in the custom cabinet now behind the shower.... :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom