Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-03-2015, 04:45 PM   #81
Guru
 
siestakey's Avatar
 
City: Sarasota,FL/Thomasville,GA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Steppin Stone IV
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Kelly Trawler 46
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,271
Send a message via Skype™ to siestakey
I had a employee that worked for for years we nic named him conspiracy-theory years later after the crew was caught caught he had claimed for many years was embezzling from us ....... Since then he has been a business partner of mine and I no longer call him conspiracy-theory
__________________
Advertisement

siestakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:06 PM   #82
TF Site Team
 
Baker's Avatar
 
City: League City, Tx
Country: Texas
Vessel Model: Carver 356
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwash View Post
I say he B recently emerged from a tunnel in Mexico. She B is a smokescreen.

Now, can I have my thread back?
I agree. Back on topic!!!
__________________

__________________
Prairie 29...Perkins 4236...Sold
Mainship Pilot 30...Yanmar 4LHA-STP...Sold
Carver 356...T-Cummins 330B
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:42 PM   #83
Guru
 
Moonstruck's Avatar
 
City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,848
Well, Art, what about Oliver?
__________________
Don on Moonstruck
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express & Blackfin 25 CC
When cruising life is simpler, but on a grander scale (author unknown)
http://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:41 PM   #84
Guru
 
BandB's Avatar
 
City: Fort Lauderdale
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13,141
Fact is we have nothing to prove and have no intention on trying. We're here to discuss boating not become the topic of discussion and speculation. If that's not satisfactory to some, then so be it. We've probably disclosed more personal information here than we wish so we may well become more private, not less. We don't mean to offend anyone. So you can debate whether we're real or not, college kids or octogenarian, male or female or one of each or some other combination of the same, wealthy or poor. We will not participate further in that debate. I'm trying to express that politely as I can. Oh, my wife just told me to come clean and admit we're Geckos.
BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:01 PM   #85
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Fact is we have nothing to prove and have no intention on trying. We're here to discuss boating not become the topic of discussion and speculation. If that's not satisfactory to some, then so be it. We've probably disclosed more personal information here than we wish so we may well become more private, not less. We don't mean to offend anyone. So you can debate whether we're real or not, college kids or octogenarian, male or female or one of each or some other combination of the same, wealthy or poor. We will not participate further in that debate. I'm trying to express that politely as I can. Oh, my wife just told me to come clean and admit we're Geckos.
Geckos... I knew it!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:14 PM   #86
Master and Commander
 
markpierce's Avatar
 
City: Vallejo CA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10,262
So? We're coots.


__________________
Kar-KEEN-ez Koot
markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:14 PM   #87
TF Site Team
 
FlyWright's Avatar
 
City: California Delta and SF Bay
Country: Sacramento, CA, USA (boat in Vallejo)
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 10,176
I know how to tell if they're REAL geckoes! Who's your insurance carrier?

Sorry for the thread creep, Hawgwash!

Now back to our original scheduled broadcast...
__________________
Al

Custom Google Trawler Forum Search
FlyWright is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:22 PM   #88
Guru
 
City: Hotel, CA
Country: Fried
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpierce View Post
So? We're coots.



No. You are a Coot, Pearla is a gem.
__________________
Craig

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:36 PM   #89
Veteran Member
 
City: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Fact is we have nothing to prove and have no intention on trying. We're here to discuss boating not become the topic of discussion and speculation. If that's not satisfactory to some, then so be it. We've probably disclosed more personal information here than we wish so we may well become more private, not less. We don't mean to offend anyone. So you can debate whether we're real or not, college kids or octogenarian, male or female or one of each or some other combination of the same, wealthy or poor. We will not participate further in that debate. I'm trying to express that politely as I can. Oh, my wife just told me to come clean and admit we're Geckos.
You don't need to justify yourselves to anyone. The posts of yours that I've seen are well thought out and on topic. Even if you were college kids(doubt it), what you post is relevant. I'll buy the first round if you make it to Victoria, BC.
alesnloggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:54 PM   #90
Guru
 
cardude01's Avatar
 
City: Victoria TX
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet steadysailer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,175
Shoulda, coulda, woulda...

Yeah, I don't care who Band or wifeyb is either. I enjoy their posts.

I feel like I now need to come clean about my true identity. I am famous rapper who goes by the stage name "Sexy".

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1438656771.715671.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	42812
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:09 PM   #91
Master and Commander
 
markpierce's Avatar
 
City: Vallejo CA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPseudonym View Post
No. You are a Coot, Pearla is a gem.
I see your point. But Perla might think otherwise, not being a coot.


__________________
Kar-KEEN-ez Koot
markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:53 AM   #92
Guru
 
ranger42c's Avatar
 
City: Maryland
Country: USA
Vessel Model: 42' Sportfish
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,158
Wifey and I were discussing, and it turns out our own personal litmus test has been pretty useful -- for us -- over time.


"Have we seen a boat we'd like better than ours?" (Implied "affordable," given that we live with a Fleming fleet on site and next door )


Anyway, the answer has so far been "no." We've seen interesting and probably useful, attractive individual features on other boats -- and we can think of improvements that would have been nice on our own boat -- but so far, we've not found anything we'd like better.


Granted that's mostly from casual consideration, usually not in depth examination inspection. Still...


-Chris
__________________
South River, Chesapeake Bay
ranger42c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:30 AM   #93
Guru
 
siestakey's Avatar
 
City: Sarasota,FL/Thomasville,GA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Steppin Stone IV
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Kelly Trawler 46
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,271
Send a message via Skype™ to siestakey
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
Yeah, I don't care who Band or wifeyb is either. I enjoy their posts.

I feel like I now need to come clean about my true identity. I am famous rapper who goes by the stage name "Sexy".

Attachment 42812
Did one of the female lock operators give you that on the way through the other day?

wow ruined my day LOL
siestakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:17 AM   #94
Guru
 
Nomad Willy's Avatar
 
City: Concrete Washington State
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 13,709
How can you have thread creep on a title like "shoulda coulda woulda"?
__________________
Eric

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:47 AM   #95
Guru
 
City: Satsuma FL
Country: United States
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
FYI, Galaxy Girl completed her Hatteras refit in April, but that's her most recent post on her blog. Oh, and Galaxy is her real first name. The refit she did of her boat shows her skill at rehabbing and flipping houses. She and her family lived the winter on the boat in Boston. She does have photos on her site. I doubted her as much as anyone, but she pulled it all off.
Seems as though Galaxy Girl sold her beautiful Hatteras and moved to Hotel California. Reason given - the brutal Boston winter. She learnd the hard way but.....
Donsan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:36 AM   #96
Guru
 
City: Hotel, CA
Country: Fried
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsan View Post
Reason given - the brutal Boston winter. She learnd the hard way but.....
Wow! If only one person contributing to any of her dozens of threads on multiple forums had brought up the fact that Boston winters are cold and boats are poorly insulated...

But I digress. Behind the scenes and eventually in front of everybody she started calling anyone offering anything other than praise and fawning over her superior logic a hater.
__________________
Craig

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:18 PM   #97
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPseudonym View Post
Wow! If only one person contributing to any of her dozens of threads on multiple forums had brought up the fact that Boston winters are cold and boats are poorly insulated...

But I digress. Behind the scenes and eventually in front of everybody she started calling anyone offering anything other than praise and fawning over her superior logic a hater.
Po, poo, poor gal. I hate the word hater! And therefore have banned it from my vocab. However, in the case of Galaxy.... LOL
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:42 PM   #98
Guru
 
psneeld's Avatar
 
City: Avalon, NJ
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Model: Albin 40
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 15,882
Trouble was...she listened to a bunch of people filled with dreams and no experience.

She had the right info but thought she was smarter than many experienced boaters because she was successful and thought she knew what was best for what 5 other family mdmbers?

Sorta like many forum posts...heck one member here even bragged...better to be articulate than smart and experience because you will hold the attention of the masses.

She got exactly what she deserved. Hopefully it was a fun, great experience that she learned from.

From the beginning I knew she want cut of the right cloth.
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:25 PM   #99
Guru
 
BandB's Avatar
 
City: Fort Lauderdale
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post
Trouble was...she listened to a bunch of people filled with dreams and no experience.

She had the right info but thought she was smarter than many experienced boaters because she was successful and thought she knew what was best for what 5 other family mdmbers?

Sorta like many forum posts...heck one member here even bragged...better to be articulate than smart and experience because you will hold the attention of the masses.

She got exactly what she deserved. Hopefully it was a fun, great experience that she learned from.

From the beginning I knew she want cut of the right cloth.
I hope it was a good experience for the kids. I think certainly in the early days where she was sharing more information they were finding it to be a great time. I can't imagine they much enjoyed winter docked in Boston, however.

She was a constant contradiction, but I think that's the real her with sequences of things that just make no sense to most of us. Had to rush back to Boston to get the kids back in school there and because she did business there. But now to California which indicates all that wasn't important, so why didn't she just stay in a warm climate to start.

I can't imagine trying to work with her as a captain or shipyard. That doesn't mean she's a bad person. It just means trying to get her to listen would have been very difficult and annoying.

Very different than the norm, but we certainly are too, so don't criticize that. Just better listening skills when dealing with things new to her would have been very beneficial.

Opening it all up to everyone to follow and read, either courage or something else or a bit of each.
BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:27 PM   #100
Guru
 
BandB's Avatar
 
City: Fort Lauderdale
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post
Trouble was...she listened to a bunch of people filled with dreams and no experience.
.
A lot of sailboaters with the "go for it" attitude an no reservations. While some had a lot of experience in boats, not much of it was applicable to her situation.
__________________

BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012