Shaft and stuffing box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boatwood12

Hi folks I'm new. We had our 32 grand banks 1970 ripped off. Shaft, prop and stuffing box. Oh and the rudder. Can anyone help with a place to get.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. I wish it was under better circumstances. "Can anyone help with a place to get." Get what? The parts? Boatyard for repairs? Where is the boat? There are 13 Baths in the US.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. I wish it was under better circumstances. There are 13 Baths in the US.

Unlikely Bath NC, but Pirates have been spotted in the area...

20150404_150544-vi.jpg

How do you mean ripped off? As in stolen, or ruined in a grounding? Big difference.

In a GB of wood, if grounded, I would be more worried about the hull and frame damage than the shaft.

If stolen, contact local scrap dealers. let them know you are in the market for a propellor, shaft, and rudder from a boat that may have come in recently and you would like to 'purchase' it back for scrap value. Then, if you find it, I would call the cops to see who 'sold it'.

In other words, more specific detail would be good, then you'll be blown away by the amount of help you can get on here.
Oh, and yes…welcome to TF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom