Sellers’ remorse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, the saga continues. Having abruptly taken the boat away from the broker and off the market, the seller came back with a revised proposal, adjustment to price but also delivering a lot of valuable extras. Turns out the seller really wanted to have one more nice cruise with his family this summer, and then is ready to retire from boating. Since I am not in a particular rush, and felt the revised deal was fair, I took it. We finally have a signed agreement and will proceed to the usual survey etc. and closing.

What a roller coaster ride for all involved! Anyway, I think everyone is happy, and I look forward to being the new owner/skipper of Klatawa, a truly exceptional vessel.

Thanks to all for the encouragement!

John

Did he come back to you directly or through the broker?

Good luck with the rest of the process. I hope it goes smoothly. I would also be interested to know if he contacted you outside of the broker. The only fly in the ointment, and it may not involve you at all, is what the terms of the seller's listing agreement were with the broker.

That’s an awesome boat.I saw this boat when it first popped up on YW. I can understand the owners and families hesitation. Good luck with the purchase.

This time it is really over

Well, I just rejected the Klatawa purchase. Survey showed a number of concerning items, and generally revealed that the maintenance of the boat and age of some systems was not as meticulous and recent as I had thought (and on which a higher price was justified). Seller was inflexible so I decided to pass.

It is a beautiful boat, and I am sure someone will eventually get it and love it, but not me. Thanks to all for the advice and encouragement as I worked through this process. It certainly has been an education!

Well, I just rejected the Klatawa purchase. Survey showed a number of concerning items, and generally revealed that the maintenance of the boat and age of some systems was not as meticulous and recent as I had thought (and on which a higher price was justified). Seller was inflexible so I decided to pass.

It is a beautiful boat, and I am sure someone will eventually get it and love it, but not me. Thanks to all for the advice and encouragement as I worked through this process. It certainly has been an education!

Sorry that one didn’t work out. Sounds like you made a good decision to walk away however.

Wifey B: Knowing when to leave may be the smartest thing that anyone can learn-Burt Bacharach. :)

Back
Top Bottom