Self Contained Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning Change Out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the rating plate shows full load, most of the time it should run on less amperage but the circuit needs to be as rated. I'd not run that one on 115 volts!

the Rev valve is in the sealed refrigerant system won't hurt to switch to heat. but I don't feel it's necessary. Most Rev Valves work by a change in operating pressure through a pilot valve

http://www.heatpump-reviews.com/images/Heat-pump-reversing-valve-de-energized-heating-mode.jpg

They have or had a plastic core that would jam. I think most of the mfgs have solved that problem, once upon a time they also said run the AC to keep the seals lubed. but that really isn't true on hermetically sealed systems.

Here are the ratings on the Frigomar inverter run unit comparable size.

Cooling capacity
6.000-16.000 BTU/h​
Heating capacity
6.000-16.000 BTU/h​
Max input power cooling
0,91 kW​
0.91 kW​
Max input power heating
0,99 kW​
0.99 kW​
Max Current
4,7 A​
4.7 A​

pretty amazing just like the mini split units.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where to buy Marine Inverter BLDC heat and air conditioning self-contained units? I need 24K BTU unit and would like to compare deliveries prices to compare with standard non inverter compressor units.

Thanks

Norm Miller
Quiet Company
Great Harbour GH47

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Is there any info available on the relative noise factor of the BLDC inverter self-contained units? I'd like to understand how they'd compare to a same-BTU conventional Marineair/ Vector type unit

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom