Selene info needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would think a good and competent look at the vessel should tell most if not all. It is on your doorstep. Don't get fooled by sales blurbs.

Greetings,
Mr. j. If you are willing to divulge, what do you think is "up" and what questions does the broker seem to be dodging?

Not sure why you think "something's up", could you elaborate. The 2010 47 is almost exactly like mine with the walk-in engine room and new stern. It's just a tad shorter in places that are hard to notice. A 2009 like this, brand new, bugs out, sold in the same price range because the owner ordered a bigger one.

Dave

Hmmm... I just checked out the photos and it does not look like it has a stand-up engine room which would be a big deal to me. Interesting that it has a mast instead of the usual arch on the new generation models. Maybe people in the PNW don't use biminis the way we do on the east coast. Other than the lack of any mention of stabilizers it looks to have everything most come with.

Dave

I guess whats puzzling me is the fact that it only has 50hrs on her. It mentions in the add the hours are from sea trials at the factory and some shake down trips once delivered here. It also mentions the owner had to fix some "minor problems". When my friend inquired about the problems, no answers were given. He was also told that there was no "room" for another broker and that he would have to pay his broker himself. (never heard that one before).

I once heard of a Selene that got roughed up during shipping and I wondered if this was it. Outside of that, She looks like a great boat. My buddy might decide to go have a look and I may ask to go with him. I was just trying to possibly save him from wasting his time. Thanks for the feed back so far guys.

Cheers

Once money is placed down and surveys are done. then if the broker doesn't come clean you can always walk away.

It is a nice looking boat. But not canvas......and only one screw.....

Last edited:
You might post a question about Gray Wolf on the Selene Owners forum. You do not have to own a Selene to sign up. The listing sounds like a new boat that sat unsold for a while.

I would confirm that nothing untoward happened to the boat (like it got dropped), but any new build is going to have issues, no different than a high-end RV. It does seem odd that a 2010, which probably would have made it to the States by 2011, would take an additional 3 years to outfit.

Again, if your friend gets serious about the boat, I would advise you check for stabilizers.

Dave

It could be the owner bought the boat and was not able to, or would not, use the boat.

There is a 2005 Diesel Duck in that situation with under 100 hours on the engine. Boat has never been used. and at this point, that seems to be a problem. The owner changed the boat specifications here and there, so many people interested in Ducks, are not interested in the particular boat. The boat has been on sale for years now, and until the owner drastically lowers the price, it will continue to sit on the market.

Later,
Dan

It could be the owner bought the boat and was not able to, or would not, use the boat.

There is a 2005 Diesel Duck in that situation with under 100 hours on the engine. Boat has never been used. and at this point, that seems to be a problem. The owner changed the boat specifications here and there, so many people interested in Ducks, are not interested in the particular boat. The boat has been on sale for years now, and until the owner drastically lowers the price, it will continue to sit on the market.

Later,
Dan

Is that the Amadeus?

Indeed. We have had several clients look at that boat, and we were docked alongside it last week on the dinghy. She is pretty, but not worth the $$$ that the owner is asking.

I know the boat, the owner, and the reasons the broker is not being forthcoming but I can't/won't post the information to a public forum. Please send me a private message and I will help clarify details.

Oooh, a mystery! I would really really be interested in buying a boat with a "history," especially an expensive one like a Selene.

PM sent

Ok, without divulging anything of consequence, are you and your buddy going to see the boat?

Dave

pau,please state why you feel the boat is overpriced.the asking price is within range of other similar selenes in that size.lack of extras,condition,or what? thanks

The Anacortes guy's first post and he has the answer. :lol:

The answer lies in looking at the boat and talking to the PO, which will only happen if the looker is really serious. Tire kickers get little attention.

pau,please state why you feel the boat is overpriced.the asking price is within range of other similar selenes in that size.lack of extras,condition,or what? thanks

Just based on what my clients have relayed- per them, the Amadeus would need some work to put her right. It was enough of a concern to stop the deal.

Just to clarify, Amadeus is a Diesel Duck and not the Selene which is the subject of this thread. Different boat:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom