Secondary Water filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
I have a primary water filter. The blue one in the first photo. I know the model and what filter it needs so I have the old filter to go get a replacement.

But I also have this white one down stream.

Anyone have any ideas what brand/model it is?

Attachments

• P1000887.JPG
    P1000887.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 40
  • P1000886.jpg
    P1000886.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 38
Is that second one a coarse screen type? Typically that should be upstream twixt tank and pump, and the finer filter shown in the first pic should be on the pressure ("downstream") side of the pump. No different than a well system on land.

Is that second one a coarse screen type? Typically that should be upstream twixt tank and pump, and the finer filter shown in the first pic should be on the pressure ("downstream") side of the pump. No different than a well system on land.

Yes it is - it looks like a metal screen - one that is washed not replaced. Like a sediment filter.

I will go back on tomorrow and follow the lines. You may be right, it may be upstream of the pump though they are near each other - the lines go under the boards. There is a hot water expansion tank all mixed in there as well so those lines may have got me turned around.

Back
Top Bottom