SeaPiper 35 Delivery Update and Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big scuppers according to the designer able to drain very quickly if awash..

Neat boat, interesting concept and capable builder. Now for brand longevity and satisfied owners. If one is into crabbing or shrimping, that center cockpit is intriguing.

New SeaPiper 35 Photos

Here are a few photos of hulls #2 and #3. The small settee behind the helm seat has been removed and replaced by a storage cabinet, a nice improvement and probably a permanent change going forward according to the manufacturer. The helm seat in these photos is built in and adjacent to the cabinet with more storage underneath. The SeaPiper website also shows the new cabinet with a standard pedestal mount helm seat in front of it on one of the boats, so I don't know which helm seat is now standard. The pedestal helm seat may be an option.

The boat with the aluminum tubing has been prepped for a fixed Bimini and the installation of two solar panels.

Attachments

• IMG_20190123_110406.jpg
    IMG_20190123_110406.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_20190123_132511-1080p.jpg
    IMG_20190123_132511-1080p.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20190128_132823-1080p.jpg
    IMG_20190128_132823-1080p.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20190130_111156-1080p.jpg
    IMG_20190130_111156-1080p.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20190130_111202-1080p.jpg
    IMG_20190130_111202-1080p.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20190130_111448-1080p.jpg
    IMG_20190130_111448-1080p.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 154
The storage cabinet behind the helm seat is way better than the settee that was there. The helm seat should be moved back a bit and the helm made deeper to provide more space for equipment.

I would have them put in larger windows (at least taller to get a lower bottom sill) on the cabin sides. Seems like there is plenty of room.

One boat seems to have a fixed frame over the center cockpit for a bimini. Interested to see how that works out.

Still too much shiny wood for my taste.

Last edited:
Wow cool to see one with the center bimini frame many of us have been thinking would solve a primary concern.
It would be interesting to see that one after the canvas is installed on the frames. I agree it will help functionality, but it will also significantly change the aesthetics...
Anyway I think they're cool; it wouldn't likely work for me but I do like to see designers try new concepts like this.

Wow just the thought of owning a brand new boat.:) Wonder if they take in trades?:hide:

Last edited:
The Seapiper website says the center cockpit, if filled all the way to the top will completely drain in 10 seconds.

It would be nice if the side doors were easily removable for times when filling that cockpit becomes possible.

Last edited:
Wow just the thought of owning a brand new boat.:) Wonder if they take in trades?:hide:
Hi Marty,

I know right! Imagine not having to clean out, remodel, repair or undo someone else's mistake, neglect or great idea. :) You have spent many hours working on William to get her where she is today and I am pretty sure you still have many things left to do on your wish list.

Richard

Hi Marty,

I know right! Imagine not having to clean out, remodel, repair or undo someone else's mistake, neglect or great idea. :) You have spent many hours working on William to get her where she is today and I am pretty sure you still have many things left to do on your wish list.

Richard

I'm sure there would be many things you'd do to a brand new boat to get it the way you wanted it.

I'm sure there would be many things you'd do to a brand new boat to get it the way you wanted it.

Absolutely, but you are starting with a clean slate. I put a lot of sweat equity in our boat cleaning up years of accumulated dirt and grime that I would have never allowed to build up in the first place if I had a new boat. My engine room being a prime example.

Attachments

• DSC00926.jpg
    DSC00926.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 154
Been following the Seapiper from day one, wasn’t sure if Hull #1 would ever splash...Ritzo and his team have done a great job. I really think they have created a nice concept and will gather a happy following of satisfied customers....The market clientel will be specific , but most markets are...Well Done..

I too have been following the boat from day one, I like it...a lot. I will tell you one thing every email question I have sent in has been answered in spades. If that is any sign of the customer service they are planning--these guys have it together. I am going to see one as soon as I can.

I too have been following the boat from day one, I like it...a lot. I will tell you one thing every email question I have sent in has been answered in spades. If that is any sign of the customer service they are planning--these guys have it together. I am going to see one as soon as I can.

I could not agree more with your assessment of SeaPiper's response to queries about their boats. This afternoon I sent Ritzo a note asking him to clarify the helm seat issue for me and he responded back this evening. The standard arrangement will be a Vetus helm seat with a sliding/swivel base mounted on a fiberglass base with storage underneath. The helm seat shown with cushions was for a customer that did not want the Vetus seat.

Hull #1 is in Destin, FL and #2 is in St. Petersburg, FL. Hull #4 will arrive in California in April and #5 in May. Both of those boats are also destined for the east coast. SeaPiper is looking into the possibility of doing an east coast boat show later this year if they can. Like you I am very interested in doing a walk through of one of these unique little trawlers. Hopefully one of our eagle eyed TF members will spot hull #1 or #2 in Florida this spring.

I could not agree more with your assessment of SeaPiper's response to queries about their boats. This afternoon I sent Ritzo a note asking him to clarify the helm seat issue for me and he responded back this evening. ...

Right now the customer base if quite small and they can make personal responses. If they succeed and sell a lot of boats, hopefully their customer support will remain the same.

I too find this boat quite appealing (with some caveats). I'd like to see one in person, but I boat on the East Coast.

As someone with no interest in such a boat, it allows me to be totally objective. The professionalism I've seen from the company is such that if that type boat did interest me, I wouldn't hesitate in dealing with them. They've not overpromised. They took time to get things right before selling. They've met the expectations of buyers. So many start ups and others introducing new lines just don't accomplish their professionalism. Some even show a total lack of integrity and ethics. So, I applaud them as just someone observing them along the way.

I actually flew out to California to meet with Ritzo and see Hull #3. I was very impressed. All of the hardware is oversized and solid (hinges, rails, etc). The engine has 360 degree access and hoses, wiring, and the like are all easily accessible. The beam is less of a concern for me now that I have physically stood in it with my wife.
As for other concerns about the woodwork, Ritzo told me the subsequent boats will have white vinyl with teak trim. I think that will lighten it up a bit.
Bottom line, this boat is in solid contention for our loop boat in a group including Aspen, Nordic, Helmsman (or Camano), Ranger, or mid 2000's Mainship. It's a different layout than all the others, but for a couple would be an easy live aboard.

Not the type of boat that would need stabilizers... Its a dayboat/weekender rather than a full fledged voyaging boat. ICW?,yup, coastal cruiser? yup. I really like the boat and the concept and hope the builder does well with it.

SeaPiper 35

Hey everyone so I’ve been browsing the site for a little while now. I just came across the SeaPiper 35. Has anyone seen one in person or sailed on one? I’ve got a long time to go before I’ll be in the market for a trawler but it’s design really intrigued me. I knows it’s a relatively new make/model with Hull one being sold last year. Just curious on everyone’s thoughts.

Wow cool to see one with the center bimini frame many of us have been thinking would solve a primary concern.
It would be interesting to see that one after the canvas is installed on the frames. I agree it will help functionality, but it will also significantly change the aesthetics...
Anyway I think they're cool; it wouldn't likely work for me but I do like to see designers try new concepts like this.

Not quite a 'new concept' think it's been done over thirty years ago,along with a centre bimini.

Attachments

• DSC02519 (Small).JPG
    DSC02519 (Small).JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 167
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,177
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,195
There’s been a resurgence in easily driven narrow power boats since Dashew repopularized the concept.
My perfect boat is a Artnautica 58 or Arksen 60. Light ice certified, transpacific range, and able to do the French canals or great loop with ease. Should I start a go fund me?

I too have been in touch with Ritzo. He sent me these CAD illustrations for a Bimini:
1A-SEAPIPER ASSY 1112.jpg1A-SEAPIPER ASSY 1106.jpg
1A-SEAPIPER ASSY 1101.jpg1A-SEAPIPER ASSY 1105.jpg

Last edited:
I was wondering what was going on with the Sandpiper. I like the look and the idea of the center cockpit. Looking at the videos you can sure see how really small it is. If it was me I'd have looked at eliminating the rear cockpit in order to increase the interior space. With 2 cockpits an awful lot of the boat is cockpit.

Back
Top Bottom