Saw this 257 footer today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Speedy Charlotte
Vessel Make
Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Pretty impressive. Docked in Alameda, CA in the Estuary.

I think it has a swim up bar.

https://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/luxury-charter-yacht-22656/rocinante.htm

IMG_2247.jpg

At fuel prices in Alameda, a fill up on that baby will cost in the neighborhood of $133,000.

I was impressed at the difficulty in keeping up with the Joneses while walking the docks in Nice. There was what would be a quite a nice looking 160' yacht, several large tenders to choose from on the boat deck along with water toys etc. But it looked like absolute *crap* because someone had parked next to it with around a 250' with a helicopter on the back. And in some places that is going to feel small - while anchored in Elizabeth Harbor Exumas a yacht anchored outside, at 350' feet too large to enter the spacious harbor.

That is one of the reasons (beyond the expense :)) that when looking for a powerboat I looked for the smallest one we could live with. Many more places it can go.

Some guys have the too large yacht situation handled. They get one that fits where they want to go and have a "shadow yacht" to garage the extras that will not fit on the "little one".

That boat breaks several of my rules. Not interested in owning a boat I can't cruise solo. Won't own a boat I'm not willing / able to wash myself. Not willing to own a boat that can't be docked in most marinas because of size. Not interested in owning a boat that I'd have to finance.

Ted

Michael, you went from looking at Nordhavns to now a 200'+ yacht! I like your trajectory.

Jason,
Speaking of Nordhavn’s I saw many on our little trip. One anchorage had three of them. And that was in just one part of the harbour .. Pender Harbour. There was a sailboat there that had cute different colored lights running up the mast.

Too many poor people and too many rich. And just too many people.

That boat breaks several of my rules. Not interested in owning a boat I can't cruise solo. Won't own a boat I'm not willing / able to wash myself. Not willing to own a boat that can't be docked in most marinas because of size. Not interested in owning a boat that I'd have to finance.

Ted

Not willing to own a boat that I have to pay someone else to drive.

Well you guys are just say’in no to these trashboats.

This guy is longer than the length of rode I usually deploy. And then there’s the 257’ of boat to add to the swing. Wonder if they anchor these big boys fore and aft? The big one in Pender Harbour was anchored in the middle of the bay and I don’t recall seeing any boats near him.

Last edited:
Michael, you went from looking at Nordhavns to now a 200'+ yacht! I like your trajectory.

I was close to buying this one, until I realized I wouldn't be able to wash it myself. [emoji6]

The reality is that at $50 a wash, I often pay to have my 44 footer washed for me.

#lazy

Kidding aside, for my retirement boat, I would like the ability to care for my own boat. With a full time job, I appreciate someone doing it for me.

Not willing to own a boat that I have to pay someone else to drive.

I'm not willing to have my boating fun complicated by having to deal with employees to operate it. Seriously, who wants the headaches of staff? No, thanks, if I can't run it on my own then I don't want it.

Now, cleaning, waxing, fixing it? Oh hell yeah, I'll pay someone to do all that.

I'm not willing to have my boating fun complicated by having to deal with employees to operate it. Seriously, who wants the headaches of staff? No, thanks, if I can't run it on my own then I don't want it.

Now, cleaning, waxing, fixing it? Oh hell yeah, I'll pay someone to do all that.

I have a friend that moved from a ~60’ boat to a 114’ foot boat. One of the things that he has mentioned is that he misses the ability to operate the boat himself. He and his wife can no longer handle the boat so he has a full time captain and normally has a deckhand and cook as well. Sure, it is a rough life, but he is far removed from driving his own boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom