Sanibel to Calusa Island Marina?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jitylu

Vessel Make
Mainship Trawler
Hi all. Aboard Nautigator, a 44 foot Beneteau Swift Trawler for the week.
Staying at Sanibel Marina tonight and wanted a new adventure rather than going north. Only have one week and then have to return boat to SW Florida Yachts.
Would love to hear your experience at Calusa Island Marina in Goodland, Florida.
Thank you.

Hi all. Aboard Nautigator, a 44 foot Beneteau Swift Trawler for the week.
Staying at Sanibel Marina tonight and wanted a new adventure rather than going north. Only have one week and then have to return boat to SW Florida Yachts.
Would love to hear your experience at Calusa Island Marina in Goodland, Florida.
Thank you.

Fun and easy ride down there, but not a lot there. Haven't been there since 2013 but they did have a snack bar then.

Down town Naples might offer more if you want to get off the boat for a bit and do "town" things. Did you run up to Cayo Costa yet?, that would be first on my list... just a nice anchorage.

Are you planning to go in thru Gullivan bay? Going in at the pass at the north end of Marco(whiskey creek) is pretty skinny. Either way you may want a high tide. I didn't spend much time at the Marina, just long enough to sail a delivery out to Marathon, but the place was nice, friendly, and clean. At the time I was there most of the restaurant in the area were closed for the season, but it looks like it could be pretty lively during season.

I'm with seevee, Pelican bay would be a better choice for us, but we are not marina slip people.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom