Old 08-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #21
Guru

RE: Sailors going over to the Dark Side, looking for a trawler...

Quote:
Moonstruck wrote:
*One of my friends had a 35' Carver aft cabin.* Great layout and beautiful fly bridge.* The bench seat in front of the helm was really neat.* The whole boat is usable.* It is easy to see why you like it.
*Thanks Don. The bench in front of the helm is not my first choice, but we've adapted well. I think the Jefferson's and maybe a few of the upper end fishing boats did this, but I don't think it really did well. Just my opinion. In use though it's fine. A lot of boat for the bucks for sure.

We're headed out for a week in mid August, going to give the genny a real work out.*

timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #22
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Name: "Sandpiper"
Vessel Model: 2006 42' Ocean Alexander Sedan

Quote:
timjet wrote:
We're headed out for a week in mid August, going to give the genny a real work out.*
Tim: *

Pretty nice life!* Driving a jet around all day & a go fast boat to relax in. I could get used to that!

Codger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #23
Guru

Quote:
SeaHorse II wrote:
Tim: *

Pretty nice life!* Driving a jet around all day & a go fast boat to relax in. I could get used to that!
*Yes, good life so far. Wife, kids, family, friends and career all have been good to me. Though career when compared to others in my field - not so good, but all the other stuff made up for it.*
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #24
TF Site Team

City: San Mateo, CA
Vessel Name: Pineapple Girl II
Vessel Model: PT 35
Sailors going over to the Dark Side, looking for a trawler...

Quote:
FlyWright wrote:Pineapple Girl wrote:...We actually have a PT 35 and I think they all have twins.* Ours does anyway and they are turbos to boot, so not quite what the OP is after but we enjoy it...
*I told you it felt bigger than it is!!* Here's an example of a turbo Perkins single version, galley up, 2 queen island beds.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1984.../United-States

PS.* PG, you missed a great party and band at Owl Harbor last night.* Best band I've heard in years and free food!* Tough combination to beat.

*Al did you crash the Delta Doo Dah party??? LOL.* We saw them all headed up as we were heading home after our nine days up there....

Another thought for the OP... we started out with some specific criteria in mind and the more boats we looked at (whether online or in person) the more the list we started with morphed... but we knew the minute we walked aboard that it was the boat for us...*

Just the other day my husband started talking about "the next boat" and he wanted this that and the other, and a substantially bigger boat.* We went and looked at some in the marina and after sleeping on it realized we should stick with the boat we have, it may not have some things (pilot house specifically) but it it perfectly adequate and we do NOT need a bigger boat to deal with!

-- Edited by Pineapple Girl on Tuesday 2nd of August 2011 05:42:34 PM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	delta 074.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	6879  
Pineapple Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #25
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Name: "Sandpiper"
Vessel Model: 2006 42' Ocean Alexander Sedan

Quote:
Pineapple Girl wrote:
Quote:
. but we knew the minute we walked aboard that it was the boat for us...*
Quote:
__________________________________________________ _____________
Quote:
IMHO, that's the best criteia for selecting a boat.

Codger2 is offline   Reply With Quote