Sad State of PassageMaker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My guess would be 40’ as the mean. But very interested to see actual number. Care to start a poll?

Okay, you write the question, monitor the pole, post it and we will vote. LOL

Greetings,
"Care to start a poll?"

I like Poles...

giphy.webp

Okay, you write the question, monitor the pole, post it and we will vote. LOL

Wifey B: I started the requested poll. I'm not, however, intending to monitor any poles-not telephone poles, not the North or South pole, not Polish people, not even that pole some are told what they can do with. :eek:

Wifey B: I started the requested poll. I'm not, however, intending to monitor any poles-not telephone poles, not the North or South pole, not Polish people, not even that pole some are told what they can do with. :eek:

Must be a delay in posting the poll/pole/etc because I cant find it SHRUG

The 'largest boat' or current boat.
Is that documented length, WLL or OAL?
Gosh, I'm a pain in the butt. LOL
I will use my current boat documented length ie 'no swim platform length.'

I will point out, my N46....was 46.5 ft long and then I added a 3 foot swim platform.

Last edited:
Would be interesting to learn what percentage of our membership have 50+ ft trawlers/boats.
If it is discovered, the majority of the membership have 40ft+/- used boats then we should search for a publication that addresses maintenance issues perhaps even machinery specific ie, main engine makers, generator makers, then the smaller physical equipment onboard.
Sadly, I do not believe the publication would last long.
Magazines must make a profit to remain in business. If the publication cannot make a profit via subscriptions, leaves two options. Increase the cost of advertising or add more advertising. Advertisers will not stay if they perceive their product is being badmouthed or do not see an increase sales. Of course when the readers perceive the space for advertisers exceed the space devoted to quality articles, readership may die off too.
So we see, it is a delicate balance ....
....... Just my option......

Maybe an, affordable to run, online magazine that caters every month to: 30-40’; 40-50’; 50-60’ etc. boat/machinery/opts articles/reviews.

"What's changed, the readers, the authors or both?

In past decades "social promotions " were seldom granted .

Today in many large cities high skool "graduates" cant read their diploma!

Only the athletes! If you help get a state championship you don’t need to know anything but your sport.

Nowadays you can "finish" high school and not even get a diploma, just a certificate of attendance. They argue that the social stigma and emotional cost to the student of being held back is worse than sending them out into the world without a diploma.

"They argue that the social stigma and emotional cost to the student of being held back is worse than sending them out into the world without a diploma."

Finishing HS is required for "students" to stay on SS as a dependent by going to kollege .

Thanks!

"They argue that the social stigma and emotional cost to the student of being held back is worse than sending them out into the world without a diploma."

Finishing HS is required for "students" to stay on SS as a dependent by going to kollege .

But there is a difference between "finishing" HS and "graduating" from HS. I know people who finished but did not graduate. The school system is fine with this.

How did giving everyone a blue ribbon happen?
How does everyone get a High School diploma if they did not earn it?
Next they will just give everyone a boat without having to work for it :)

I still like PassageMaker fine. Just turn the advertisement page/s. Lol

Last edited:
Guys, what has this got to do with PassageMaker?

Anyone see today's FaceBook offering from PMM?

Dutchcraft 56?

Really?

Will look forward to the next magazine edition to see the full page adverts they have clearly already paid for!

Jaysus!

Last edited:
Well forgive me for showing my age, but I think the best boating magazine of all time was Rudder. If only I could get my hands on the old issues I read over and over as a boy! Now I only read Good Old Boat and enjoy every issue.

All boxed up and ready to go to a new home!

Attachments

• PassageMaker.jpg
    PassageMaker.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom