Old 10-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #21
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
RE: Sad day.

Quote:
nomadwilly wrote:*One source people rely on said we're going to get it (snow) this year. Oh well.......
What kind of heater does Willy have?

markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #22
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
RE: Sad day.

Mark,We have a Wabasto. I modified the thermostat so it will function down to 40 degrees. When it's cool I set the thermostat for 70 degrees and forget all about the cool until I go out on deck or open a window. But the biggest benefit of the thermostat controlled Wabasto is that it keeps the boat at a nearly constant temperature all night. We're never cold in the morning. It's rather quiet.The unit is aft and we sleep fwd. The exhaust is out the transom. We also have a small bus heater also known as a "Red Dot" (brand name I spoze). It's fan is quite noisy and we rarely use it. I plan on installing a small 16K BTU diesel bulkhead heater/stove w a "carburetor" and little bot bellied burner. We take heat seriously up here. Three sources of heat is my goal. Icing and visibility can be a real problem in winter and I've only "pickled" my boat once. Boating in winter is dangerous but I just love to run well out into Clarence Strait when it's clear, calm and about 10 or 15 degrees. It's just beautiful. And I take a bunch to Christmas dinner down the Bay most every year.
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote