Robship 'Stay Afloat'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. M. I understand a wax toilet sealing ring will do exactly the same thing and for probably a lesser price.

Toilet tank ring seal in a tub. Interesting way of marketing an old product. To be fair, I don't have a spare toilet ring on my boat either.

So, a used toilet wax ring would be 'stickier', right?

Used? Barf!!

I agree. Removing the wax ring from a toilet has got to be one of the most disgusting home renovation jobs of all time.

Will definitely check a fresh, unused wax ring to see if it has the same qualities as the stuff in the video...looks way more useful than wooden or foam cones of assorted sizes that are on most boats.

Greetings,
Mr.X. Wherever did you get the idea a USED wax ring be employed? I would like to think "Stay Afloat" is using NEW materials in their product and not that which has been salvaged in the re-plumbing of several thousand bathrooms.
Mr. M. Don't be so quick to set aside those wooden cones. Think: Emergency table top Christmas tree (when painted green), an "equalizer" for any pesky crawling insects, acorn/crab cracker and with added screw eyes and glitter glued on How to Decorate with Glitter | Overstock.com an attractive pair of earrings for the Admiral on that "special" night out.
Set on the floor-an obstacle course for the mice on board.
Empty nesters? Missing the kids? Distribute the cones randomly about the deck at bedtime and hold a life jacket drill with the lights out-that'll bring you back to when the kids were just toddlers (remember Legos at o-dark thirty during flu season?)
So I think the wooden cones would be far more useful aboard simply because of their multipurposed uses.
In an emergency (out of beer) one could grill/bake a chicken
https://video.search.yahoo.com/vide...bar3l8&pstcat=politics&age=134098550140&&tt=b
DON'T try this with the wax ring or the canned wax!
All the same the wax stuff, either bottled or draft is a good idea.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom