Old 12-14-2017, 09:48 AM   #1

City: Palm City
Vessel Name: Chapter Three
Vessel Model: Offshore 54
Rescued "Boat Cat" Looking For A Home

We have a foster cat that was rescued from the recent Houston floods. Info is (hopefully) attached. She is great - please have a look at her story and let us know if you have a home for this cruising kitty!

Bruce and Jill
54' Ofshore
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Whitneypdf.pdf (390.2 KB, 172 views)
Offshore 54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:17 PM   #2
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Wifey B: What a wonderful story and super kitty. I'm sure someone is going to give her the perfect home soon.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:38 PM   #3
Guru

City: AR
Seems to me she's already found a forever home. I know you're only supposed to be fostering, but those pictures make it obvious that she's already adopted you and your gang, knocking herself out to fit in...plus she takes to cruising like she was born to it. After what's already been through it would break her heart to be torn away from a loving home again...or maybe the only one she's ever had.
HeadMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:14 PM   #4
Guru

City: New Orleans
Vessel Name: Panache
Vessel Model: Viking 43 Double Cabin '76
My wonderful bride is a thoroughly failed "foster". Every friggin kitten that crosses the doorstep winds up being a resident.

We're at five and done (I say). Beyond that, I'm moving on the boat - a cat free environment. She runs a kitten rescue group that places 400-500 a year. Only problem is an unending supply of "applicants". This activity is coordinated with a spay/neuter program that processes thousands a year. If there is a fem involved, I'd guess you have a new family member Selene.

There are "transports" that most rescue organizations run - believe it or not, there are areas that are lacking in potential adoptee cats. Might want to check with your local SPCA. They usually have a line on that. If you need a contact, PM me.
sbu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:40 AM   #5

City: Palm City
Vessel Name: Chapter Three
Vessel Model: Offshore 54
Transportation for Whitney

I should have added that we would be happy to figure out a way to get Whitney from Florida to wherever you live.

Thanks,

Bruce and Jill
Offshore 54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:11 AM   #6
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene48 View Post
I should have added that we would be happy to figure out a way to get Whitney from Florida to wherever you live.

Thanks,

Bruce and Jill
Now he's promoting more aggressively while still in denial as to the outcome. He'll probably be tossing in a scratching post and a years supply of litter soon. Sometimes it's hard to accept the fate you know is certain.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote