Replace stove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trying to replace a electric stove with a propane one on a 1989 49 Grand Banks that has central heat and air. Any suggestions on getting the propane line to the fly bridge. We pulled the panel behind the stove and can’t get past the HVAC.

Trying to replace a electric stove with a propane one on a 1989 49 Grand Banks that has central heat and air. Any suggestions on getting the propane line to the fly bridge. We pulled the panel behind the stove and can’t get past the HVAC.

MMM? you are doing the gas fitting yourself ?

I can't figure out how to get an "approved propane locker" with out going broke or it being in the way. I may switch to electric .

I can't figure out how to get an "approved propane locker" with out going broke or it being in the way. I may switch to electric .

You and me both. The prices are stupid. Why???

You could make your own as long as you pay attention to details and follow procedures. Talk to an installer as a consultant. Have someone come aboard to give a look see. Look up the needs for the install.

I have known several folk who changed from electric to propane stoves although they paid someone to do it on Tolly's ~ 45'. Although I saw the boats and interior I did not pay a lot of attention to the hows of the doing or where the lockers went.

Consider building another chase for the propane line. It will entail building something but if just the one line it need not be huge. I don't know your boat but can a chase be installed between two windows?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom