Renaming The Boat And Shadows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTW, where are you docked?? And no, that's not a scraper and small bucket in my hand :angel:

The scraper and bucket would probably cost more than the gold leaf! It's not very expensive stuff.

Well Said, once youpaint you will always be painting. I am on my third Awlgrip painted Vessel. Ifyou scratch it, it is very hard to repair. Nice thing is that it holds a shinefor multiple seasons. And it can be buffed. Just Like an operation, Do whateveryou can before agreeing to operate.
I hope the gelcote will buff out

I've been told that inviting all your dockmates/friends to come out and form a big circle into which each vessel will toss whatever you deem to be an appropriate sacrifice to Neptune and any other gods of the sea (sacrificing a virgin may result in your circle being surrounded by law enforcement vessels). After saying incantations that effectively hold a funeral for the old name and ordain the new one, everyone toasts the gods and toss them a small libation...then you break up the circle by backing every boat up at least 20 yards while the gods are enjoying their drinks...and then go raft up and party down!

I can't swear that this works, but no boat I've known who's done this has ever sunk.

Or just do what we have done for the last four big boats we have owned..

Just rename the thing and skip all the superstitious crap..

Hollywood

Hollywood

Our sentiments as well, however it is an excuse for a party out back! :)

Hollywood

Oh thou have little faith! Bad juju, very bad juju will occur is you do not perform the proper ceremony and BTW is a LOT of fun!:socool:

Oh thou have little faith! Bad juju, very bad juju will occur is you do not perform the proper ceremony and BTW is a LOT of fun!:socool:

We did 10,000 miles offshore on one boat without problems, no issues on the others for that matter... besides if I had a big party I will have to share all my booze with the guests.
And since the current boat has a delta anchor, a flybridge, is cruised around underloaded most of the time ...and has teak decks the topic of conversation would never get around to the re naming if I invited trawler forum members to the party.

Hollywood :lol:

Bad Juju indeed. If you do not perform the ceremony I have heard from a very reliable TF member that you will be cursed with having to cruise around under loaded with a Delta anchor, teak decks and a flybridge. Don't let it happen to you, perform the proper ceremony.

Had the same problem. Used a few Mr Clean Magic Erasers to remove the "shadow", then compound, buff, was. Worked for me.

Yesterday I removed some faint shadows of letters on my paint. My paint is Awlgrip. I could still read the Port of call on the stern. I used Fines-sit II and a 6.5" black foam pad. 2,000 RPM orbiting buffer. It worked very well

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad Juju indeed. If you do not perform the ceremony I have heard from a very reliable TF member that you will be cursed with having to cruise around under loaded with a Delta anchor, teak decks and a flybridge. Don't let it happen to you, perform the proper ceremony.

We did it correctly, that is, with ceremony but sans Delta, teak, or flybridge.

:dance:

attachment.php

May I inquire how you came up with such a lovely name?

SONAS is Irish for happiness, good luck and good fortune.....

And as we were deciding on graphics we found this book through Google. It was just perfect. So we checked on the legality of using the graphics and voila.

Sonas-Cover-jpeg.jpg

When I first read your boat's name, I mistakenly thought it was a play on the words, "so nice".. ;)
Great name for so nice a boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom