Relocate to WA state?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mike,
You boat all year when it's 10-15 degrees? Hardy folke to be sure.
Boating in the winter in western WA is kinda iffy most of the time but it's much warmer here. Much wetter of course but much more boatable. It's over 90 degrees here today and whenever it gets that hot I think of you guys.

Hauling the boat Tues. maint.

It is not necessary to live in WA to enjoy boating there, in BC and Alaska. Lots of good options to have your cake and eat it too.

It is not necessary to live in WA to enjoy boating there, in BC and Alaska. Lots of good options to have your cake and eat it too.

The bride and I have plowed that field pretty thoroughly and we decided to compromise. We'll spend winters in either Arizona or New Mexico working on my golf game and the rest of the year a ferry ride away from Seattle. Airstream and a C-Dory are on my shopping list.

Believe me though Tom, your arrangement was plan A but the more we work through it the better plan B is looking.

In King or Pierce county, you still will face emissions testing on any vehicle less than 25 years old. While the registration of a vehicle is cheap, there is an excise tax that gets paid with the registration each year. For newer, more expensive cars (and boats) this can be significant. For older cars (and boats) it is cheap. The Tacoma to Everett corridor is very similar politically to much of CA. Not so the rest of the state.

I think the PNW is great, and since you have family here is just an added bonus.

Dave not quite true, it is by zip code IE gig harbor has emission testing... Fox Island doesn't .... I believe if you are in rural zoned area (zip code) you don't have to smog your car

In east Skagit County we don't have any emission testing on anything.

Ya, ve be purdy hearty folks over here, doncha know. Here's a pic from a Christmas boat parade from a couple of years ago. About 20* outside, one small 1500W heater on the fly bridge and LOTS of smiles on the faces.

img_471586_0_889f1a5f232b6fc17622fd02fe774082.jpg

Here's another shot from inside the salon where people migrated to. 70* inside thanks to Cruise Air. People would go back and forth the whole 4 hours we were out, except for the skipper who had to stay up top the whole time.
img_471586_1_8bdef5f4b19aef429849a71aa80d78ca.jpg

Mike,
You boat all year when it's 10-15 degrees? Hardy folke to be sure.
Boating in the winter in western WA is kinda iffy most of the time but it's much warmer here. Much wetter of course but much more boatable. It's over 90 degrees here today and whenever it gets that hot I think of you guys.

Hauling the boat Tues. maint.

Back
Top Bottom