Refueling places in Bass Strait

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kit_L

Vessel Name
Suu Kyi
Vessel Make
Custom 40' catamaran
We are considering a passage from Eden (Twofold Bay) to Hobart, a distance of about 300nm. We carry 1,200 litres of fuel, and do about 5 litres/nm, if travelling at the faster of our two speeds. We assume we will need to refuel.

Suggestions for refuelling spots along the way gratefully received.

I did look on line, and in Sailing Directions, but are there any refeulling stops along the way? Thanks for the bladder suggestion, too.

Coming the other way from Port Philip Bay Melbourne my boat delivery guy refueled at Lakes Entrance. He might have mentioned Wilson`s Prom too but it`s not in my SMS thread with him.

Yes, I was aware of Lake's Entrance; thanks BruceK. And that'd be ~100nm closer, too.

All suggestions welcome!

I would definitely ring in advance (that, or the bladder!). Thanks @RobertLeatch.

@RobertLeatch: I spoke to a Michael Winter this morning—he delivers diesel to Lady Barron Port, Flinders Island and, today, fuel is $2.30/litre. That's what we pay at the marina here. All he needs is a call from the mainland when setting off, and he drives a fuel truck there: perfect. Sincere thanks. And the Mast.gov site that you link to above is chock-full of useful YouTube clips and anchoring–docking information for the whole of the Tasmanian coast.
Sincere thanks, again. The problem is solved.

If you dont already have them, I was advised by some experienced Tas cruisers that fendor boards were very useful on many docks there. Coming from Qld/NSW we're more used to floating (pontoon) docks but in Vic/Tas fixed (pole) docks are more the norm.

@RobertLeatch: that's also very helpful. We will definitely bring a fender board.

Back
Top Bottom