Old 06-15-2018, 01:09 PM   #61
Guru

City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
Andy, I only quickly glanced at it and from what I remember it was a repeat of popular recent threads. Is the plan to have other articles in there - or just keep it latest threads?
menzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:12 PM   #62
TF Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by menzies View Post
Andy, I only quickly glanced at it and from what I remember it was a repeat of popular recent threads. Is the plan to have other articles in there - or just keep it latest threads?
We setup a system to find discussions that are popular and include those in the newsletter. Out thinking was these are probably discussions that members who are not here on a daily basis haven't seen and might find interesting.

If you are here everyday reading many of the threads then the newsletter won't be of much value and opting out will save you some emails in your inbox.

If you don't like the newsletter, please unsubscribe (see my previous post) and don't mark our emails as SPAM. It's hard enough being a small fish in a giant ocean, your help is greatly appreciated.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:26 AM   #63

City: West Med
Vessel Name: La Mer
Vessel Model: Fleming 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
We setup a system to find discussions that are popular and include those in the newsletter. Out thinking was these are probably discussions that members who are not here on a daily basis haven't seen and might find interesting.

If you are here everyday reading many of the threads then the newsletter won't be of much value and opting out will save you some emails in your inbox.

If you don't like the newsletter, please unsubscribe (see my previous post) and don't mark our emails as SPAM. It's hard enough being a small fish in a giant ocean, your help is greatly appreciated.

Sir, I am aware of the generosity you have shown the members in providing a free of charge forum to anyone interested directly or indirectly in recreational trawlers, this under the structural and cyclical forces that drive the economical environnement. Thank you for all that.

If you have read my other posts you know what I stand for. Indeed an email newsletter may be one efficient mean to gain or consolidate a good member's loyalty of the forum.

Also just a suggestion though. Why not offering the ability for members to support the forum through an optional account’s upgrade to "TrawlerForum Supporter" with an annual subscription processed by credit card or PayPal ? Similar to optional upgrade you brought into CruisersForum in 2011 - "CruisersForum Supporter" - which annual fee was only $15.01 what has remained unchanged since 2011. Even that small contribution left to the free-choice of each member can be a great help for the durability and long-term development of the forum.

To avoid any potential outcry here, I will say again "an optional account’s upgrade".
La Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:08 PM   #64
TF Site Team

La Mer, we might do the optional "forum supporter" here at some point. Thanks for the suggestion.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #65
Guru

City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
You know an idea might be to canvas the membership for Newsletter articles. On engine rebuilds, details trip stories, other projects, unusual events on board etc.
menzies is offline   Reply With Quote