Rawson 42 Tri-cabin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceanstate

As a kid we had a Rawson 42 Tri Cabin in the Northwest. Last I knew it was purchased in Seattle in the early/mid 90's then named Trouper. Would love to know if the old girl is still around. Not many made, was a great boat!

As a kid we had a Rawson 42 Tri Cabin in the Northwest. Last I knew it was purchased in Seattle in the early/mid 90's then named Trouper. Would love to know if the old girl is still around. Not many made, was a great boat!

They are great boats. You wouldn't happen to know the serial number, would you?

Attachments

• profile.jpg
    profile.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 186
They are great boats. You wouldn't happen to know the serial number, would you?
No idea on the serial number. It looked a little different than the one in the photo(beautiful by the way) as I recall it seemed to have a smaller cockpit/larger aft cabin. Had a Ranger sailing dinghy on the trunk cabin.

No idea on the serial number. It looked a little different than the one in the photo(beautiful by the way) as I recall it seemed to have a smaller cockpit/larger aft cabin. Had a Ranger sailing dinghy on the trunk cabin.

Sounds like a 38. 41s, like mine are very rare; not sure there was ever a 42 (mine is 42.5, if you count the swimstep)

I've been told the 41 is the same boat as the 38, just lengthened the mold to add cockpit space.

Single engine would have made for a very spacious engine room, mine has two Cat V8s

Rawson 42

I am fairly sure it was a 42 but perhaps a 41. Was definitely not a 38. I will try to find a photo...

Talked to my father, it was a 42 built in late 60’s. As he recalled it was the same mold as the 41. Found this photo, anybody recognize her? Never mind, can’t figure out photo from iPhone but will try tomorrow

Talked to my father, it was a 42 built in late 60’s. As he recalled it was the same mold as the 41. Found this photo, anybody recognize her? Never mind, can’t figure out photo from iPhone but will try tomorrow
Here is photo

Attachments

• IMG_0520.jpeg
    IMG_0520.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 61
Interesting. Would love to see a profile. Looks like a substantially different boat.

Cabin seems broader, roomier; side-deck walkways slimmer, three windshields. Looks like a flagstaff vice lifting mast+boom rig.

But has the same Rawson workboat sturdiness.

But

Interesting. Would love to see a profile. Looks like a substantially different boat.

Cabin seems broader, roomier; side-deck walkways slimmer, three windshields. Looks like a flagstaff vice lifting mast+boom rig.

But has the same Rawson workboat sturdiness.

But
Definitely was sturdy. I will hunt around for a profile pic if I can find one. Heavy as hell, spent 5 weeks every summer cruising the inside passage. I had an 11' whaler with a 25 merc, for a kid it was awesome. Funny enough, no TV, cell phones etc. We used to check in via VHF to phone. Those were the days...

Back
Top Bottom