Raritan Sea era Q leak at Vacumn Fitting after Pump Out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MiltonP

Vessel Name
Think Big
Vessel Make
Camano Troll 2003
Noticed a drip on the end of vacumn fitting, which is mounted horizontal on the back of the bowl, after the first pump out post-install. Manual not clear on mounting restrictions and/or pump out issues. Any similar experience. Tapped fitting and rotated fitting 45 degrees so end is higher. Fitting would normally be vertical if toilet base not rotated. No leak yet.

Attachments

• 20170924_174609.jpg
    20170924_174609.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 50
That's a vacuum breaker. It lets air into the line so a siphon can't form. I suspect it is meant to be mounted vertically. I'd give Mac McCoy at Raritan Fort Lauderdale a call and ask him to be sure. You might need to put a longer hose on there to get it vertical.

On a side note, the pump out also emptied the inch or two of water that is left in the head after water saver flush. everything worked fine after just wanted to verify that isn't rare. The vent lines are all new and ok just maybe too much vacumn to not empty the toilet.

That's a vacuum breaker. It lets air into the line so a siphon can't form. I suspect it is meant to be mounted vertically. I'd give Mac McCoy at Raritan Fort Lauderdale a call and ask him to be sure. You might need to put a longer hose on there to get it vertical.

"Tried this and it solved the problem" often creates 3 more new problems, so I agree with Parks, you need to talk with Mac at Raritan in Ft. Lauderdale... phone # 954-525-0378

"There are 3 ways to do anything: the right way, the wrong way, and what some guy got away with." (Author unknown)

Last edited:
I have a Marine Elegance toilet with the same setup. The toilet spits water out at the vacuum breaker assembly from the time I installed it. At the time I was not in a position to contact Mac at the factory, so I took the assembly apart and found a small plastic piece with a washer on it. I put RTV on the small plastic piece and reassembled the unit, the leak stopped immediately. When I arrived in port I contacted Mac at the factory and he said the leak is caused by reduced pressure in the assembly or a defective piece. Believe me there was no reduced pressure in my line. It would deposit about 1/4 cup of fresh water on the floor after each flush. The RTV works great but unsticks after daily use for a month. I'm going to get a new vacuum breaker assembly and epoxy the old one. My assembly is mounted in the vertical position. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I did forget to turn on the pump before flushing it the night before so I did subject it to a low pressure situation. Will call them but suspecting human error may be the culprit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom