Old 11-19-2019, 11:12 AM   #1
TRD
Veteran Member

City: Trussville
Vessel Name: Lady J
Vessel Model: Chris Craft Corinthian 380
Radar Challenge

Anyone following my Radar inquiries knows I know nothing about Radar. However, I am learning fast thanks to some of the members.

I am attempting to put together a radar system. I would like to list what I have and see if there's someone knowledgeable enough on the Raymarine C120 system that can help me.

To start, I have the C120 MFD that appears to be fully functional, alone with the Dome. below is the list of all the pieces I have. If someone can tell me (remember I am dumb as dirt on radar) which of the pieces I have will work with my system.
Raymarine C120 MFD
Radar Dome
Raymarine DSM300
Raymarine iTC5 - converter
Furuno GP30 GPS
Furuno RD30
Furuno LS6000 LCD Sounder
Raytheon RC520 Chartplotter
Raytheon L750 Fish Finder
Airmar P66 Transducer (2)

In a few days I will have a Raymarine Raystar 125 GPS antenna

What I really need is some one that can tell me ---- Part1 connect to part3 that then hooks to part 4 etc

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Terry
TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:49 AM   #2
Guru

City: Kilmarnock VA
Vessel Name: Wandering Star
Vessel Model: PSN40
Terry I'm not sure what your question is exactly but I'm guessing you piecemealed these parts together & want to install them on your boat?
The C120 classic will need the dome to be the correct vintage to work with it You'll need the antenna cable that hard wires into the dome & plugs into the back of the C120.
The DSM300 black box fishfinder uses a 4 pin cable to connect the dsm to the DSM port on the C120. You'll need that plus a power cord
The GP30 is a stand alone GPS
THe RD30 is a digital repeater
The LS6000 is a stand alone fishfinder. You could take data from the fishfinder and display it on your RD30 for a digital depth at another location
The RC520 is getting pretty dated regarding charts, as is the L750
The P66 transducers weren't designed for an inboard boat but in any case, the plugs would have to match their respective fishfinders to be any good to you.
I hope this helps
Old 11-19-2019, 12:04 PM   #3
TRD
Veteran Member

City: Trussville
Vessel Name: Lady J
Vessel Model: Chris Craft Corinthian 380
Shawn, you have provided more help than you can image. You are correct in the fact that I am trying to piecemeal this pieces into a working system. I failed to mention, I have 2 helms (inside the boat and flybr4idge). On the flybridge, I would like to have the bare minimum display (depth, speed, perhaps GPS location)

Again thanks for the quick reply

Terry
TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:15 PM   #4
Guru

City: Kilmarnock VA
Vessel Name: Wandering Star
Vessel Model: PSN40
In that case ,after you connect the Raystar125 antenna & the DSM module to the C-series,, connect the nmea 0183 data out of the C-series display to the nmea 0183 data in of the RD30 & you'll have a digital depth, temperature, position , GPS speed & heading all displayed on the RD30 from the C120. Sounds complicated but it's just a 2 conductor data cable used to connect the two.
I hope you have the manuals! If not, there's always the internet.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:51 PM   #5
Guru

City: Brookline, NH
Vessel Name: Shalloway
Vessel Model: Defever 44, twin Perkins
Raymarine offers manuals online. Perhaps this will help:

Raymarine C120 | Raymarine C120 ManualsRaymarine C120 Manual - User Guide | Installation Guide | Reference
kchace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:56 PM   #6
TF Site Team

City: Westerly, RI
Vessel Name: N/A
Vessel Model: 1999 Mainship 350 Trawler
"Electronics Challenge" probably would have been more accurate. Radar is about the only straightforward part of the puzzle, as proposed.
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote