Quick haul & pressure wash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkasprzak

Veteran Member
I'm just looking for opinions. I'm having the bottom job on Hattini this week and wondering the validity of doing a quick haul and pressure wash every six months.

I'm just looking for opinions. I'm having the bottom job on Hattini this week and wondering the validity of doing a quick haul and pressure wash every six months.
Do you have divers available where you are? I get my hull scrubbed by one of my customers on an as need bases or do it my self. At that time, the hull, zincs, transducers, through hulls, rudder, prop, and shaft are inspected and taken care of as necessary. If a diver isn't available in your area, every 6 months would seem prudent and reasonable to me.

Ted

I don't see the benefit. With the cost of the haul-out plus the loss of bottom paint every time you pressure wash, you'll be renewing the antifoul ahead of schedule. A diver would be less aggressive and cheaper over a six month period IMHO.

Hobo's in North Florida and the norm seems to be 2-5 years between repainting with divers monthly in the summer and every 2-3 months in the winter.

My diver won't scrub the bottom, but he does clean up the running gear if needed. I've found that frequent use of the boat keeps the bottom fairly clean.

I do all possible to avoid pressure washing through regular cleaning by divers. I don't use the word "scrubbing" either as if they have to scrub I feel one waited too long. But I clean it regularly and then will bottom paint when required.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom