Queenship Seaspirit 60

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GS
I was equally intrigued a decade or so ago when the vessel hit the market place. The other day I was looking at a similar sized vessel built in 2010. The boat was not well cared for and needed many $$ to get up to our standards. Very disappointing Vs sales blurbs.

Point being, it is definitely worth a non internet look to be sure current state of care and maintenance is to a high standard beyond broker fluff statements. A vessel this size needs a few days of experienced hand "look overs" well before an offer and survey are contemplated.

Good luck, I'd be the last one to dissuade you. Great boat, maybe, now for digging into it.

Last edited:
It makes my dink look small.

maxresdefault.jpg

From 100' away she's beautiful. Pay attention to what Sunchaser said though.

I have a really unhealthy obsession with this particular boat. The kind of obsession that ends with my wife saying "you did what?!?!?"

The price of the boat is just the start. You will need to employ a captain and his wife who will cook and clean. I understand, they dont come cheap. LOL

She's a looker for sure. Good survey, mechanical, oil samples, ship logs will all tell you what you need to know. Classic lines. Could have her twenty years and she'd still look graceful. You won't win the ugly boat contest by any means.

I would hope she has a professional crew that keeps logs and repair records as part of ships maintenance history.

At 60' it may not have a crew. It looks well organized and easily handled by a single/couple.

Saw this boat quite awhile back.
I was definitely impressed.
Had Fir interior woodwork. Light if any stain. Looked a little bit non-boaty.
Still haven’t seen the hull.

We toured a new one of these at a boat show several years ago here on the east coast; it may very well been this exact boat as it looks very familiar. For the life of me I can't recall anything I didn't like about other than what I felt was a tight, low headroom engine room for my taste. Ann is not a big fan of galley-up, separate pilot house designs, but she said she could get used to this one. On the other hand, for our purposes (coastal cruising) she also noted it have anything we wanted that our old Hatteras didn't, and lacked the aforementioned things the Hatteras did.

Overall, very nice boat, no doubt.

We owned a Queenship 59 (not a trawler) for 10 years. They used to be built in Maple Ridge outside of Vancouver, BC. Good quality boats, nice impressive facility we visited when we bought our boat. Sadly, the builder went out of business during the financial crisis. The first Seaspirit 60 was an attempt by the original builder to create a new company by offshoring labor costs to China. It did not seem to work out. For the longest time the original 60 was the only one around. Now someone is building them again in China. I always liked the looks and layout of the boat.

Our opinions....
I believe this is hull #1 of the series, we looked at hulls #2 and #3 in our search.

Overall the boat presents and leaves a positive impression, it checked off many things on our lists. We would place it in the same category as a Nordhavn 57.

What we found troubling after sitting on the boat for awhile, it feels small. Everything is just a little cramped or narrow. The other item is storage for long-term provisioning, we didn't feel like there was adequate storage for food, spare parts and the like.

We also wanted a stand-up engine room which this doesn't have.

I like the look of the swim platform, but due to the canoe stern the available space is lot less than it appears.

Final comment, the dingy takes up a fair amount of upper deck space - of course choosing a smaller dingy would give more back.

Good luck, I'd be the last one to dissuade you. Great boat, maybe, now for digging into it.
Having hosted Sunchaser on my boat years ago, I subscribe to 99% of his advice.:hide: Also, having had a dark hull color on a previous boat is something I would never do again! Trying to keep that hull clean, spotless and touched up with the right color was agonizing.:facepalm:

Having hosted Sunchaser on my boat years ago, I subscribe to 99% of his advice.:hide: Also, having had a dark hull color on a previous boat is something I would never do again! Trying to keep that hull clean, spotless and touched up with the right color was agonizing.:facepalm:
I'm in for it then.

I've been drooling over this one recently as well. I've never seen one, let alone been aboard, but it certainly seems like a fine vessel. Dauntless is hull #1, and apparently the subsequent vessels (4-5 in total?) had somewhat more headroom in the ER. The comment about her being small inside feels about right as all interior shots I've seen are taken with a wide angle lens.

Some interesting links:

https://www.yachtforums.com/review/sea-spirit-60-passagemaker.12798/

HOME

I've been drooling over this one recently as well. I've never seen one, let alone been aboard, but it certainly seems like a fine vessel. Dauntless is hull #1, and apparently the subsequent vessels (4-5 in total?) had somewhat more headroom in the ER. The comment about her being small inside feels about right as all interior shots I've seen are taken with a wide angle lens.

Some interesting links:

https://www.yachtforums.com/review/sea-spirit-60-passagemaker.12798/

HOME

To big for me as a soloist, but dang if she ain't a magnificent ship.

two things... (1) that swim platform would need to be chainsawed off if you really wanted to cross oceans; and (2) the price!

I am very surprised it carries only 400 gals of fresh water. I would have thought closer to 1000 gals.
It does have a nice 900 gpd water maker. It would be nice to have a backup water maker, if crossing the ocean.
150 gallon sanitary tank? Now that's a lot of 'sanitary'. No mention of macerator pumps. I would hope that is an oversight or my poor reading.

Last edited:
Looks great, but it will be all about it's actual condition.

BTW, it's too big to launch at the state ramp in Holderness (I spent many years in Squaw Cove).

What we found troubling after sitting on the boat for awhile, it feels small. Everything is just a little cramped or narrow. The other item is storage for long-term provisioning, we didn't feel like there was adequate storage for food, spare parts and the like."

Many offshore boats do limit the cabin width and length , so one is tossed a shorter distance in heavy weather.

If the boat feels small, and has little storage room, what did they do with the 6 ft of volume?

Thanks all - lots of insights that have adequately convinced me that it was a crazy infatuation. I'm still a few years away from the stage in my life that make trawler ownership reasonably sensible. It did make for rather fun day dreaming though! Oh well, back to researching!

What we found troubling after sitting on the boat for awhile, it feels small. Everything is just a little cramped or narrow...
Many offshore boats do limit the cabin width and length , so one is tossed a shorter distance in heavy weather.

I spoke to the brokers for Kadey and Nordy at the Annapolis boat show a week ago. They stated that the majority of buyers are ordering their boats with the asymmetrical deckhouses, giving an extra "26 inches of interior width." The old salt in me balks at the idea of not having full walk around decks, but in honesty I suppose it's not a bad idea. Practically we spend more time inside our boats and more time anchored, than we do working at sea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom