PT 658 resoration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edelweiss

Guru
Vessel Make
1976 Californian Tricabin LRC
PT 658 restoration

I don't recall seeing this on the Forum before, but an interesting story never-the-less for those who haven't!!

Last edited:
Thanks, Edelweiss! It is amazing the dedication that went into that. Was not aware of that boat. There's another PT under renovation at the WW II Museum in New Orleans. The strictly volunteer work crew are a lot of WW II vets (sailors and other services) as well as a few former employees of the old Higgins boatworks - a lot of them joke about whether they'll live long enough to see it launched. Sure hope they do!

I've seen that boat in Portland, not on the river but tied to her dock. What a memorial to those who served in The Great War.

I'm close enough that I should just take a drive to Portland and see about getting a run on the Columbia in PT658. What a day that would be.

Edelweiss, thanks for sharing that link. BTW, what part of the PNW are you in? We're on the Columbia in the Tri Cities, WA.

Edelweiss, thanks for sharing that link. BTW, what part of the PNW are you in? We're on the Columbia in the Tri Cities, WA.

I was raised in Yakima. . . but now we live in boaters heaven. . . .(AKA Anacortes, Wa.) :flowers:

There is a second half to the video, which is a walk around of the boat.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom