Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-22-2016, 12:13 PM   #1
Guru
 
Hawgwash's Avatar
 
City: Sidney
Country: Canada
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,265
Pt 38

Looking at this ad, can anyone seriously critique it?
I came across the introduction to Roche Point back in 2009 and there were some positive contributions, so it would be nice to hear the story 5 years later.

Mike, I was going to PM you but feel that can be an intrusion if not done with respect and I have leaned on you a few times now.

You might even know this one, huh?

Trawler 38' 1981 Cheer Men Bros PT38 $79000USD
__________________
Advertisement

Hawgwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:54 PM   #2
Guru
 
rochepoint's Avatar
 
City: Sidney BC
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Rochepoint
Vessel Model: 1985 Cheer Men PT38 Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwash View Post
Looking at this ad, can anyone seriously critique it?
I came across the introduction to Roche Point back in 2009 and there were some positive contributions, so it would be nice to hear the story 5 years later.

Mike, I was going to PM you but feel that can be an intrusion if not done with respect and I have leaned on you a few times now.

You might even know this one, huh?

Trawler 38' 1981 Cheer Men Bros PT38 $79000USD
Not familiar with this boat at all, you would have to see it in person. Interior photos looks good but the exterior looks like it would need some "TLC" and no photos of the engine room and price seems high?

As to what you would like hear about Rochepoint 5 years later our feelings about her have not changed, we are still
__________________

__________________
Cheers Mike Barge
MV Rochepoint
Sidney, British Columbia.
"Yes, I have the right anchor"
rochepoint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:17 PM   #3
Guru
 
boatpoker's Avatar
 
City: Port Credit
Country: Ontario
Vessel Name: DIRT FREE
Vessel Model: Benford Fantail 38
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,012
Price seems quite high considering a fresh water PT38 was sold for $56k last August in Ontario. Soldboats.com shows records of only this one PT38 sale.
__________________
If you can live with the consequences, go for it - wg
Y'am what I y'am an' thats' all that y'am - Popeye
As God is my witness, I thought turkey's could fly. Mr.C
boatpoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member
 
City: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 49
He's moored at Oak Bay marina. I've walked by a few times. Outside looks like it could use some love but I can't say I really paid too much attention. Price seems a bit high. I'm only a couple of blocks away if you want me to take a stroll down.
alesnloggers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:38 PM   #5
Guru
 
Hawgwash's Avatar
 
City: Sidney
Country: Canada
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by rochepoint
Not familiar with this boat at all, you would have to see it in person. Interior photos looks good but the exterior looks like it would need some "TLC" and no photos of the engine room and price seems high?

As to what you would like hear about Rochepoint 5 years later our feelings about her have not changed, we are still
My thoughts as well, Mike.
Now tell me, is that smiley a symbol of breaking hearts?
Hawgwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:43 PM   #6
Guru
 
Hawgwash's Avatar
 
City: Sidney
Country: Canada
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpoker
Price seems quite high considering a fresh water PT38 was sold for $56k last August in Ontario.
Thanks poker. I thought the same without a close look but at this point it is an exercise in learning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alesnloggers
I'm only a couple of blocks away if you want me to take a stroll down.
Thanks for the offer, nice of you. I'm near as well so will get at 'er myself.
Hawgwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:50 PM   #7
Guru
 
SCOTTEDAVIS's Avatar
 
City: Vero Beach, FL.
Country: US
Vessel Name: FIREFLY
Vessel Model: Pilgrim 40
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 913
I was hoping this tread was about a Patrol Torpedo boat.
SCOTTEDAVIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:10 PM   #8
Guru
 
Hawgwash's Avatar
 
City: Sidney
Country: Canada
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTEDAVIS View Post
I was hoping this tread was about a Patrol Torpedo boat.
Make it what you want Scotty.
Hawgwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:56 PM   #9
Guru
 
SCOTTEDAVIS's Avatar
 
City: Vero Beach, FL.
Country: US
Vessel Name: FIREFLY
Vessel Model: Pilgrim 40
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwash View Post
Make it what you want Scotty.

Seen the PT-39?


SCOTTEDAVIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:19 PM   #10
Guru
 
Hawgwash's Avatar
 
City: Sidney
Country: Canada
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTEDAVIS View Post
Seen the PT-39?


Nope but have been real close to the TP 48
Attached Images
 
Hawgwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:07 PM   #11
Guru
 
JDCAVE's Avatar
 
City: Lions Bay, BC
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwash View Post
Looking at this ad, can anyone seriously critique it?

Trawler 38' 1981 Cheer Men Bros PT38 $79000USD

The teak decks would be my concern.


Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum
__________________

JDCAVE is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012