props

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just bought Mainship 36 DC whit twin Perkins 200 hp whit 2 to 1 gear the props where stolen while in storage and no idears what size to look for did not find any info maybe 22 X22 ??

Mainship is probably still in business , call them to find what was standard.

Mainship is probably still in business , call them to find what was standard.

Mainship is long gone.
I have an excel file from 2006 from the Yahoo owner's group that listed info from those who submitted it.
There are several 36 DCs listed but unfortunately none of the diesel boat owners submitted their prop specs. Most of those models had Crusader 270s and different gear ratios.
There is one 40 DC owner with 200 Perkins and 2:1 ratio that listed his props at 24x21.
Based on that I would say that the 22 x 22 would get you in the ballpark.

Last edited:
Just bought Mainship 36 DC whit twin Perkins 200 hp whit 2 to 1 gear the props where stolen while in storage and no idears what size to look for did not find any info maybe 22 X22 ??

Hi Andre could you give me Lwl,beam,draft,displacement,engine Hp at rated speed and what you expect(if available)in speed please?

sign up at Boatdiesel.com. They have a calculator that will get you close. Then a sea trial will tell you how close you are. Then a prop shop will add or reduce pitch as needed.

Selecting props for a boat even with computer help is usually 3rd time lucky.

An older and larger prop shop may be able to lend you different sizes , to get close to OK.

Yes, I would seek the advice of an experienced prop shop.

If there is a Mainship owner's group, someone may be able to help or at least get you started.

Back
Top Bottom