Prior ownership

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slowasyougo

I am contracting to purchase a 35 year old Canadian boat. For a fee I can find all the previous Canadian owners. Is there way for me to find US previous US ownership? I think it would be wise to know where she grew up.

Thanks for your help. A Canadian boat spends 50% of its life on the hard. Do you think a history of ownership on the Great Lakes is no different than in Florida. Ass

Thanks for your help. A Canadian boat spends 50% of its life on the hard. Do you think a history of ownership on the Great Lakes is no different than in Florida. Ass

Whoa! Hold on. We are here to help. I was actually curious to find out about my boat as well. She is documented. Is yours? I traced the original owner back to new bern North Carolina.

We can all get along. No need for name calling.

Personally I didn’t really care where my boats lived prior to my ownership. Some of them were new but some of them were used. But if you want to know then you might get a documentation service to look up the HIN for you. Don’t know what it would cost though. Oh, BTW, we prefer to remain civil even if we disagree.

Hey. Slowasyougo. P*ss off. No need for that sort of comment. Better yet, leave.

giphy.webp

Are you sure about what you are stating? Ever been to Canada? Boat are not limited to great lakes. Maybe time to check a map.

L

I am contracting to purchase a 35 year old Canadian boat. For a fee I can find all the previous Canadian owners. Is there way for me to find US previous US ownership? I think it would be wise to know where she grew up.

If it is a Canadian Registered Vessel you can get that information for free from Transport Canada.

If it is Canadian Licensed Vessel that information is available only to police and SAR.

If it was previously a US documented vessel, the documentation number still may be marked on a main beam or stringer. With that number you can get the information online from the USCG Documentation website or from the NOAA Vessel Search website

I would think that a Newbie would walk softly for a while until he had a bit of credibility built up on the forum, oh well...

Slowasyougo,feel free to go,as fast as you like.
Perhaps it`s better to find out early if we`ve acquired a troll. An apology would help, but there has been plenty of time for that already. Even asking a Mod to remove the last word would help.

Last edited:

All those boaters on the west coast of BC better start booking space on the hard soon. Everything freezes solid north of the 49th. :nonono:

The prime, and for me only, directive: Don't be a dick.

Hmmm, I thought maybe his nick name was ASS or perhaps his initials?
My initials are DAD.
Yup, I am a DAD and no kids anywhere in the world. GRIN.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom