President 43 1987

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVMAR

Vessel Name
Delphina
Vessel Make
President 43
Please give me your honest opinion of this boat . we are going to survey in july and have heard some disturbing things .. thank you, hoping we have chosen the right boat, but need some honest feedback

We have a 1981, 41' President and absolutely love it. We delivered it from Muskegan Michigan to Ct on a 5 week journey. We have the Lehman 120's and they are flawless.
Our biggest issue with the boat is stray wires left by years of equipment installs by techs or PO's that just left stuff around. Solid boat, window leaking might be a problem especially on the small windows by the walk around ledges.
Do you have specific questions ?

Disturbing things ? The problem is everybody has an opinion. Each boater has their comfort zone. We have a dock mate who cancelled a weekend trip because the marina could not replace a dead house battery for him. An auto parts store is a :05 minute drive from the marina.

We have a 1987 41’ President. We also love it. Most of the issues we have had are due to POs. We also have a lot of unused wiring from POs. The side windows in the trunk cabin are a problem. We removed the windows, they are mostly usless because they were so small, and glassed the openings closed. I told the marina where the boat was previously and they said they had been telling the PO for 15 years to remove those windows. We added 3 10X10 hatches to replace the lost light and we now have way more ventilation than with the windows. There are some things that I don’t like about the way President did them, but that is true of any of the 22 previous boats we have owned. We have the SP225s in our boat. I really didn’t want that much power but occasionally we do go faster to meet a deadline. It all depends on how the boat has been maintained. If it has been maintained reasonably well it should be a nice boat, but keep in mind that it is 32 years old so you will have to expect and accept some problems.

Please give me your honest opinion of this boat . we are going to survey in july and have heard some disturbing things .. thank you, hoping we have chosen the right boat, but need some honest feedback

I have the same question about President boats............ I cannot find any reviews or information about them. They do check off a lot of our boxes; looking for a couples boat for exploring NW WA to Alaska, and I see a couple pretty 42s for sale. Suitable boat for our purpose? ..... I'm assuming that you went ahead with a purchase? Thanks

Yes we bought the president 43 ... only thing we are still struggling with is thefreebiard in getting on and off the boat .. just make sure the iron fuel tanks are not leaking .. it was one of the items we were told to watch fir .. we have the 275 hp Ford Lehman's and use about 3 gals an hour going 10 knots on each engine .. engine room abit tight but manageable.. good luck with your purchase ..

President 43 Owner's Manual

We are looking for an Owners Manual for a President 43 from Taiwan. We have a 1985 and when we purchased it, that is the major thing that was missing. We currently have the port shift cable that is stuck in neutral and we are trying to figure out what the problem is. I will just leave it at that for now.

Thanks
John & Debbi Bayless
Punta Gorda, FL

We bought the president and love it . Went to st Augustine fla from nc had a great cruise boat ran flawlessly and was very comfortable . Even with the 275 hp Ford Lehman’s we were cruising at 10 knots and used 3 gals per hour per engine the fuel tanks are just fine and have had no problems. Getting on and off is nit a problem either just we just use a one step dock stool . No regrets

Last edited:
We have a boarding ladder that we use at transient marinas. It slides into brackets on both sides of the boat. We have steps that I built on our home dock.

Attachments

• BA823245-B1C1-4026-8F8F-B7F50CB9A242.jpg
    BA823245-B1C1-4026-8F8F-B7F50CB9A242.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 29
President 43

Hi we have a president 52 and love her, great boat, no problems, but she is berthed in Spain and the enemy Corona has in 2020 and we guess part of 2021 prevented us making any visits.
We are Dutch residents and have decided to buy a 2nd boat here in the Netherlands. By coincidence we have committed to buy a President 43 from 1994, known as an Aquastream 43, survey is scheduled for 7 Jan with report expected say 20 jan (Oil analysis by Volvo Lab). Will report back on any serious matters that come up in the report. She had a major refit in 2019 so we are reasonably confident the buy will go ahead. We plan on reinstalling the second WC and an autopilot and some other items which should keep us busy in our Corona Lockdown.

Congrats on your new boat. We will need some photos...

I bought this for my boat, fairly high gunwales, and I needed an assist. Amazingly it fit my swim platform and makes it easy to get down to the platform as well. You might not notice it in the pic, but on both legs there is step so you can step up onto the platform and there is ample room to move around. The legs collapse easily and it stores flat.

Gorilla Ladder:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla...tform-300-lbs-Load-Capacity-GLWP-47/305590237

Watch the video at this site.

Update President 43 1987

Ref: experience with a President 43
As promised result of the survey and buying process.
Bottom line is we are NOT buying this Motor Yacht, she was perfect in many ways but our plan was to cross the North Sea in the summer months and cruise the UK south coast. Also we would like to join the UK Motor boat club summer cruise. We must have a comfortable sea going yacht that can cruise long time at least 15 knots, during the survey sea trail she could only achieve 18 knots WOT. Turns out she was very heavy about 16 ton, and not as stated 13. Trial was on flat water, empty water and waste tanks. The Volvo motor report came up with a a figure above €4K to service and deal with several matters, worst item was the fuel (tanks) was heavily contaminated. Furthermore the survey came up with several costly repair items which the Owner was not prepared to pay for.
Broker was pissed off but better him than us.
We are now in an advanced stage to buy a Fairline 40 which has top speed 28 and cruise at 22.

Hello I purchased a 1987 President 43 with the steel tanks after doing a fuel polishing one of the tanks started to leak I was just wondering if anyone would know a good service center that has the experience in replacing these tanks. I am located on the Cheaspeake bay willing to travel with the boat to a good shop.

Back
Top Bottom