Prairie 29 Swap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

English Bluff

Vessel Name
Chester
Vessel Make
Prairie/29
A sailing buddy and myself are negotiating the possibility of swapping his sailboat (in the Gulf Islands, BC) with the owner of the same make of boat in the Mediterranean. Or at the very least, chartering it for a week or two. My Prairie 29 is moored just across the border in Point Roberts, WA - we have easy access to Puget Sound and the San Juans in WA state, and the Gulf Islands in BC. The previous owner of my boat once took it to AK. But I keep reading about these wonderful cruises in and around Florida. What are the chances of doing a boat swap for a week or two? People do it with houses all the time. Good idea? Dumb idea?

David

A sailing buddy and myself are negotiating the possibility of swapping his sailboat (in the Gulf Islands, BC) with the owner of the same make of boat in the Mediterranean. Or at the very least, chartering it for a week or two. My Prairie 29 is moored just across the border in Point Roberts, WA - we have easy access to Puget Sound and the San Juans in WA state, and the Gulf Islands in BC. The previous owner of my boat once took it to AK. But I keep reading about these wonderful cruises in and around Florida. What are the chances of doing a boat swap for a week or two? People do it with houses all the time. Good idea? Dumb idea? David
IMO dumb idea.

Personally I think this is a great idea! How many times have I thought of cruising the Bahamas or other interesting place. However, this very topic was discussed in another forum recently where most of the posters cited all kinds of insurance reasons why not it shouldn't be done. There was also some speculation that if one charged or rented their vessel USCG rules and regs also applied.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom