"Potty" stains from waste overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had the same problem with our Tankwatch system - the "FULL" light came on when the tank was FULL!!!!! I solved that problem by ordering a single float sensor assembly from SeaLand and installing it so that its float is about 5 or 6 flushes below FULL!!!!!, then switched the wires from the existing FULL sensor to the new one. Simple solution, works great, and the cost of the single sensor float assembly was under US$100, I think. (Our system came with the 3-sensors-in-one unit, and the FULL sensor on that unit isn't adjustable. I'm guessing yours is the same.)

Same problem. I took a different approach, I took a couple of pieces of extruded polystyrene and shaped them into discs to match the OD of the float, then used light shrink tube to make about a 2" extension. Works like a charm.

Same problem. I took a different approach, I took a couple of pieces of extruded polystyrene and shaped them into discs to match the OD of the float, then used light shrink tube to make about a 2" extension. Works like a charm.

I was going to do something like that, but I couldn't find anything that I knew would stand up to the environment inside the tank. I called SeaLand to see if they would sell me 2 or 3 of their little floats, and that's when they told me I could just buy a separate sensor. I like your approach better - much less expensive, same result!

Back
Top Bottom