Pot pullers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gbinterim

Vessel Name
Interim
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36
Looking to add a crab/prawn pot puller instead of using our windless. We currently boat in Southeast Alaska. We welcome all information and suggestions. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Looking to add a crab/prawn pot puller instead of using our windless.

You pull pots up the side of a GB? I would assume this is a family license, small amount. That would play havoc on topsides, No? Is it worth the topside damage?

Check the commercial fishing sites with boats and gear for sale. Often you can find a good deal on a puller from a small boat.

Check the commercial fishing sites with boats and gear for sale. Often you can find a good deal on a puller from a small boat.

Commercial fishing gear will almost certainly be hydraulic.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

We use the Ace puller, mounts to the Scotty Downrigger base and plugs into the Scotty 12 volt socket, and stores in a bag.

The Ace Pot Puller is the most popular puller on Puget Sound sport fishing boats.

We use a commercial grade electric puller made by a company called Quality Products Northwest.

I've found that a company called Mckay Shrimp and Crab Gear is a great PACNW resource to buy from, but of course there are others.

All the commercial crab boats down here are hydraulic made by Warren Junes in Warrenton Oregon.

Back
Top Bottom