Portlight latches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardude01

Guru
Vessel Name
Bijou
Vessel Make
2008 Island Packet PY/SP
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1461278477.845716.jpg

My boat has these nifty stainless portlights throughout. In this pic at the bottom of the PL are two latches that swivel up and put pressure on the window part and help it seal. Inside these little latches are tiny plastic pieces that actually contact with the stainless so it doesn't scratch. These little pieces of plastic are adjustable with a tiny allen screw. I am missing a few of these little plastic pieces and I'm having hell locating them.

I called IP and they "think" the portlights were made by Whitewater Marine but they are not sure. ?. I contacted WWM but they have been no help so far. Any other ideas? I guess I could try to whittle these little pieces out of some HPDE board maybe. They are really freakin tiny! I forgot to snap a pic of them when I was at the boat contemplating the meaning of life the other day...

Last edited:
McMaster Carr sells latches that use a screw to adjust tension on the ball latch.

Conall

View attachment 50982
I called IP and they "think" the portlights were made by Whitewater Marine but they are not sure. ?. I contacted WWM but they have been no help so far. Any other ideas?

Geeze, Dude. I could understand if it was a really old boat that wasn't made in the US, but come on, they should be able to help better than that. Is there an Island Packett owners group or forum that could help?

I posted up on the IP owners forum but no joy yet. I seem to have the mystery portlights.

Did you know IP was recently sold?

Use an O ring , cheap to replace , EZ to find.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom