Pontoon "Boats"...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wudenboat....what kind of "boats" do you build?

I'll accept pontoons as "limited special purpose boats" or party barges.

I think if one is going to define limited special purpose then it would have to go to trawlers long before pontoons since there are many times more pontoons than there are trawlers. I'd prefer just treating them all as boats.

48,564 pontoons sold in the US in 2016, about 19% of all boats.

Wooden Boats

psneeld, I build sailboats and kayaks out of wood. I loved the guitar boat. I can't imagine building one of those.

Last edited:
For the life of me I will never understand why these are a "thing". For the amount of money spent on just these two outboards alone, one could have WAY more boat, and WAY more creature comforts.

For places with skinny water like Lake Okeechobee they are just what the doctor ordered. They're party barges, floating bbq platforms, deck em out with lights and 20 rod holders and fill the freezer with specks, cheap cruising, stable and low maintenance too! What's not to love?

As I rarely venture deep into the SF Delta, it's rare to see a pontoon boat. Western SF Bay/Estuary waters are often too much for such craft.

psneeld, I build sailboats and kayaks out of wood. I loved the guitar boat. I can't imagine building one of those.

I had a hunch it wasn't wakeboarders and jet boats...... :D

Back
Top Bottom