PNW bareboat charter companies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anybody have any recommendations?

I've chartered with Anacortes Yacht Charters twice and would give them the highest endorsement. Very professional; vessels were in perfect shape. Not cheap, especially the powerboats.

I have chartered powerboats twice from Anacortes Yacht Charters. I would give them 4 out of 5 stars. First time there were some problems with the boat that they should have known about. This Sept we are chartering with San Juan--better choice of boats, so we will see.

Enjoy!
Oldersalt

I have done two in Bellingham. San Juan was VERY good.

We've had a couple of very positive experiences with Anacortes Yacht Charters. This August, however, we are using San Juan Sailing for our Cruising Outpost sponsored San Juan Islands "Share the Sail". So far they've been great to deal with.

I've chartered with Anacortes Yacht Charters twice and would give them the highest endorsement. Very professional; vessels were in perfect shape. Not cheap, especially the powerboats.

Ditto, we've chartered their OA 50 and DeFever 65 and were very happy. Not a bargain, but you get more than what you pay for IMHO.

Capt.Bill11; said:
Anybody have any recommendations?
Bill, Where, when and for how long.

ie; if you are looking at coastal BC then Powell River or Courtenay could be better choices than WA State.

Also, getting a bit time tight for this year, I would think.

Here's another good one;
CHARTERS - NW Explorations

I chartered from these guys before. Desolation Sound Yacht Charters

It was long enough ago that they may have changed, so think of the reference as much to give an idea of options. They are close to Desolation. Like Hawgwash says if you are thinking of cruising up here then you can avoid the long trek by chartering out of Powell R or Comox.

I chartered from these guys before. Desolation Sound Yacht Charters

It was long enough ago that they may have changed, so think of the reference as much to give an idea of options. They are close to Desolation. Like Hawgwash says if you are thinking of cruising up here then you can avoid the long trek by chartering out of Powell R or Comox.

Still there, good folks.

I have done two in Bellingham. San Juan was VERY good.

:thumb::thumb: Great time and the trawlers are in perfect condition. They spend a lot of time on the details of maintaining their boats.

We are looking at Sept. for a week to 10 days.

To late in the year?

After Labor Day and typically through mid-October is the BEST time of year to cruise in the PNW! Far fewer boats and usually good weather. It's our favorite time.

Capt.Bill11; said:
We are looking at Sept. for a week to 10 days. To late in the year?
Not at all for cruising. Moonfish is right, September is great and many out here are year-round boaters.

I just had a quick look at some of the fleets though and they are still heavily booked for Sept. Pick a place, time and start enquiring.

We did the 2nd week in September. It was AWESOME!

I have been pleased with NW Explorations and would recommend them.
Curtis

Heard good things about them in Sidney and up your way. Vancouver, not so much.

While I got you, what do you know about Oceanside Resort Motel in Powell River on the Sunshine Coast?
Gotta come up and plant my brother so looking for a quiet pet friendly one nighter.
Sorry to hear of your brother's passing.

Not much help with hotels in PR as I've never stayed in one. The only ones I recommend are Bliss Suites, and Pacific Point Suites as they are new and I know the owners.

But I see you are traveling with pets, so not much choice...

Northern Spy; said:
Not much help with hotels in PR as I've never stayed in one.
Thanks Spy, on all counts. I spotted Oceanside because it is spittin' distance from the old homestead. But...nothings far in PR.

Did a trip last year with Northwest Explorations. Would rate them as the best of the 8-10 bare boat charter companies we have used over the years.

We are returning this year for another charter with them.

Mark

Did a trip last year with Northwest Explorations. Would rate them as the best of the 8-10 bare boat charter companies we have used over the years.

We are returning this year for another charter with them.

Mark

+1 on NW Explorations.

Very boat and cruising savvy and boats are really kept up. Bill, as a Capt you would enjoy Brian Pemberton and how he runs his business. For many years Brian was the GB dealer in the area. Most of his vessels for charter are well kept GBs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom