Old 04-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #21
City: Powell River, BC
Vessel Name: Northern Spy
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 26
How about some of Michael Kasten's designs?

Northern Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:25 PM   #22
Veteran Member
City: San Antonio, Boat is located in Corpus Christi
Vessel Name: Bluebonnet
Vessel Model: Chris Craft Constellation 500
The parker plan looks good. After seeing one last year, I found the accommodations too basic for a modern family cruise ship.
You should look at the Odessa or Klondike plans from Glen-l...

Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:34 PM   #23
City: NC
Originally Posted by raymond1 View Post
really like the deisel ducks but wanted something shoal draft , also none of the plans that I reviewed had accomodations for other than a couple, read I think all his books
In case you have not visited the Diesel Duck website, it is here, Stock Plans

The interiors can be modified from what is on the plans. There seems to be a pretty good choice of interiors depending on who built a particular Duck. The big change in the current Duck interiors is to have a passage way below deck on the port side. The passage way allows access from the stern to the bow without having to go up into the pilot house and then back down below. The passage way is being used for storage or as the galley. I like the galley design better.

Buehler posted a new 41 foot design last month that looks like the smallest Duck with a forward cabin. It also has the passage and integrated stern swim platform. 41-Plus Duck New version

There are larger boats with more room but they require more draft and I don't know if he has plans to build them from wood/fiberglass.

dannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:30 AM   #24
TF Site Team
City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Lotus
Vessel Model: Clipper (CHB) 34 Sedan/Europa style
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B
Originally Posted by Hendo78 View Post
Plans? Why on earth would you want to build to a set of plans (says he who wished he had a set of plans instead of making it up as he goes...Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum
Well, Matt, at least no-one can accuse you of "not following the plan", eh..?
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:54 PM   #25
City: kirtland
I have built boats before. I have spent hours and hours online looking at boat plans. In my own personal opinion Bruce Roberts is about the best out there. If they are built right a Bruce Roberts design holds its value. He has plans for about any kind of boat you would want. In about any kind of material you would want.

That being said. It would be faster and cheaper to find something that fits your needs. Boat builders are obsessive. And everything has just got to be just right in there heads.So costs skyrockets out of control. If you are still determined to build your own boat. Do something small and cheap first. Harold dynamite Payson Has a line of boats called instant boats. They are all plywood boats designs. And they can be built in a couple of weekends. He also has written a couple of books. Buy them read them. And anything else you can find on the subject.
stoner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:12 AM   #26
City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'

+ one on Harold dynamite Payson

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #27
City: Walnut Grove Ca
Vessel Name: Cary'D Away
Vessel Model: Hatteras 48 LRC
Here's an option

I know you have dreams of building a boat from scratch. Here's a boat that has a hull that's built like a brick sht house. I looked at his boat several years ago and met the builder owner. The hull is very fair for a home built hull. The engine is in excellent shape and comes with a spare brand new engine. I would have to redo the interior and rework some of the systems and electronics. The owner has cruised the boat twice to Mexico. He is an older contractor who built the boat to his needs, which in my opinion are a little strange system wise. However there is a ton of value in eguipment and solid basic construction. The pilot house is aft where the ride is best. The boat survived a major hurricane in Mexico and came out undamaged. Asking price is less than half of the cost to build. The owner spent tons on the hull and then went rv on the galley and interior. The interior is white washed oak. Rv range, master state room bed over the genny. A lot of things I would do differently. Still a head start in time and money. ttp://
Scary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:21 AM   #28

City: St. Lucie VILLAGE -NOT- Port St. Lucie!!!!!
Vessel Model: 15' Hobie Power Skiff w/90hp Yamaha-owned 28 years. Also a 2001 Bayliner 3788 that I took in trade
wow, wow, talk about eye appeal!

Luke Brown Yachts

I saw this boat today dock walking then did a search with her name and found this listing. Turns out she's built of plywood. She looked like a tank in person.

Blake Davis Yacht Brokerage Inc

Yacht Broker/Owner since 1984, Florida License #32
pilothouse king is offline   Reply With Quote