Please help me identify this Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slowpoke

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
In Between
I saw this boat at a local anchorage a few weeks ago and want to know the make and model of this trawler. I cant seem to identify this boat but it sure looked good entering the anchorage. I figure the experts here can ID her. (Hope my picture file posted correctly....newbie here) Thanks, Slowpoke

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 196
That's my first look at that make of trawler. Very nice boat.

Thanks for that folks. That's it. Been racking my brain on which boat this is. Dont see too many of these around here so it appears that they made a small amount of these in production. Nice layout though. Slowpoke

Slow poke. Dude I really dig you avitar pic.

Way cool.

SD

Dark-hulled boats "look good."

I like the dark hulls as well. The only drawback may be in very hot weather, they can be hotter. Also my son in the Coast Guard says they can harder to spot from afar. Slowpoke

Dark-hulled boats "look good."

"There are only two colors to paint a boat, black or white, and only a fool would paint a boat black."
- Nathanael G. Herreshoff

Personally, I think black looks good.

By the way, he'll correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is another design that Tad Roberts had a hand in.

"There are only two colors to paint a boat, black or white, and only a fool would paint a boat black."
- Nathanael G. Herreshoff

Personally, I think black looks good.
Didn`t Henry Ford have an opinion on this?

I like the dark hulls as well. The only drawback may be in very hot weather, they can be hotter. Also my son in the Coast Guard says they can harder to spot from afar. Slowpoke

In a fog, a dark hull is easier for me to pick out than a white one. A smallish white boat can be hard to pick out among white caps. Tried to cover all bases by having a dark hull, white superstructure, and bright-yellow pilothouse roof. Steel construction also helps the radar reflection. If one's hull is insulated, a dark, vertical hull has little interior effect.

ry%3D400

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom