Old 01-09-2015, 12:13 AM   #41
City: Walnut Grove Ca
Vessel Name: Cary'D Away
Vessel Model: Hatteras 48 LRC
How about this

When I bought my boat it was full of fuel, no big deal? 1500 gallons of treated diesel. So many spares, we had inventory them. Oh and 25 gallons of delo 30 wght. Well with Detroit's maybe he was telling me something.

Scary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:05 AM   #42
City: Niceville, FL
Vessel Name: At Last
Vessel Model: 1990 Jefferson 52 Marquessa
The life raft reminds me of the Jeanneau 40 sailboat I bought years ago. Bought it based on inspections, survey and sea trial after it was delivered from the southern Carribiean. All went well and we purchased the boat. Sailed the boat from West Palm Beach to Destin and all went well. Always felt safe since it came with a life raft. The next year I had it inspected and the container had about a six foot Carribean snake dried out in it as well as all the rubber eaten and shredded. Glad I did not need to rely on it!

Rogerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:39 PM   #43
City: St. Pete, FL
Vessel Name: Seaweed
Vessel Model: Schucker mini-trawler
Send a message via AIM to janice142 Send a message via MSN to janice142 Send a message via Yahoo to janice142 Send a message via Skype™ to janice142
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
An old life raft in the flybridge. Now, since this bag is about 25 years old (and maybe not working !!), I plan to activate it in my back yard (just because I want to).
I was present when one was inflated in southern Georgia during the summertime. The CO caused every no-see-um in the region to arrive with teeth sharpened.

Wear bug-spray before setting yours off.

I used one of the lights that was in the raft for a light for Algae (the dink)
Janice aboard Seaweed, living the good life afloat...
janice142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #44
City: Gulf of Mexico
Two spare props I found in a locker under the forward v-birth.
Group9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:29 PM   #45
City: Sarasota,FL/Thomasville,GA
Vessel Name: Steppin Stone IV
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Kelly Trawler 46
Send a message via Skype™ to siestakey
The list of surprises on my boat is huge

but under the bar counter 2 little doors

2 bottles grey goose

3 bottles Bombay saphire

11 bottles of rum

and all of this was from the 2x PO

the 1x PO has a bigger boat now on my same dock I asked him if it ws his he said uh no were was it

he never saw the little doors
siestakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:16 PM   #46
City: DC
Vessel Name: Carolena II
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 32/34
Ours also came with many, many unexpected spares (which were found only after I ordered a bunch of filters and impellers). Even found a bag of extra bronze square drive screws from the factory. The best surprise was to receive two huge binders that constitute the factory owners manuals. We didn't expect them becuase the boat was bank owned and they were not on the boat or with the broker, but it turned out that the PO brought them to the broker as we were in final negotiations. The binders also include full custom wiring diagrams (particularly useful since all the NTs are semi-custom). Also pictures of the boat on the original NT factory sea trial, both in the slings at its initial launch and on the water.
Carolena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:11 PM   #47
City: Seattle
With as many out of the way hiding places as there are on most boats, are we all going to remember what we have stowed away over our years of ownership? How many of us will leave "surprises" (pleasant I hope!) to buyers down the lines of our boats?
THD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:31 PM   #48
Veteran Member
19 years of pure enjoyment with my mom and dad and many enjoyable days working on her
sailormike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:04 PM   #49
City: Calgary
Vessel Name: Blue Sky
Vessel Model: Nordic Tugs 42 Hull #001
In among the various manuals we found a photo album of the boat build. As ours was hull number one the photos included construction of the hull & deck plugs plus the laying up in the moulds. The photos of the finished product have been very helpful in determining what is original and what has been added/changed later.
Berthed in
Campbell River BC
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:31 PM   #50
City: Southern California
Vessel Model: Mainship 390
Lightbulb Inspired spares...

Very thrilled that our PO (the boats original owner) provided all the manuals (not only from the boat mfg, but also for all the components); line drawings and schematics; lots of emergency spares; tools; etc. And he spent hours going over the boat, including helping us move her to a different marina. True gentleman.

However, our favorite "item" was the spare cabinet mounted coffee maker. It is an exact duplicate of the existing built in, high quality coffee maker... which still works fine, btw. If it ever went out, he wanted to be able to install the replacement without worry about finding an exact fit for the hole in the cabinet. Now, if we ever have to replace it, even the screw holes will line up.
Phyrcooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:08 AM   #51
Veteran Member
City: Brentwood Bay, BC
Vessel Name: Golden Dawn
Vessel Model: Krogen 42
Our favourite find was this summer, after three years of ownership. We were being attacked by green flys and my wife asked if we had any screens. "Maybe I've seen some somewhere" says I. After rooting around under bunks, I found a promising heap, dug it out - a full set of screens for every window and door. My guess is about a $4,000 set of screens.

Golden Dawn, KK42
John Harper
Golden Dawn, KK42-82
GoldenDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:58 AM   #52
City: San Diego
Vessel Name: "Sandpiper"
Vessel Model: 2006 42' Ocean Alexander Sedan
The ease of fishing from my boat was something I had hoped for but I was pleasantly surprised the first time we did it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4753.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	36227   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4764.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	36228  

Codger2 is offline   Reply With Quote