Pleasant little port in British Columbia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shhh! I agree, a great spot, and in my opinion, some of the best sunsets in the gulf islands. I stop in every year when we cruise up north. great bakery there, too.

Maybe, but the local natives are cannibals. Stay away.

Stay away around November, the sea lions follow the pink salmon into the bay and as interesting as they are, they stink, make horribly loud noises and if they take a fancy to your boat, may homestead on it. But the bakery is awesome.

A friend from the San Fran area sent me a picture from his marina several years ago where so many sea lions had taken to a sailboat with a scoop stern that they sunk the boat! Apparently, they can be hard to get rid of.

We where in the harbor at Monterey, CA recently and some folks have to take pretty drastic action to keep them away. Saw a few boats with fence material on the swim steps and such. One sailboat had a few laying on it.

They are cool but look like lousy neighbors. :)

If you like ice cream, Da Udder Place has the best. There are also lots of funky shops to visit, and an interesting low key museum. Although the latter may be closed, if my so called memory can be believed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom